For everyone begging for Teixeira

DC2Dallas

Trade DCab for some one useful long term. Do you think PA is winning a bidding war for Tex with the MFY's with Mattingly as their manager?

If he does come here - we will match what the Yankees will pay. There is no way that Pete (who pines for local "oriole" esque talent) will let him go if he ever puts on an Oriole uniform. The city will be enammored and we'll give him his 6-150 mil contract.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plus, in my opinion, the Yankees are ready for a collapse. They are about to piss off BOTH Posada and Rivera. Both these guys wanted an extension, but the Yanks refused to talk extension until the season is over. Yet now the Yankees want to talk extension with A-Rod? Consider Posada and Rivera gone! A-Rod also is not resigning with the Yanks. Giambi is done there. Their pitching still stinks, and is only getting older. I'm telling you, this team is ripe for a few years in the toilet! They are not going to be as atractive as they have been in the past!
Not resigning Mo and Posada are good moves for the Yankees, IMO, at least long term. They're each getting dangerously close to that age where players fall off the table.

Also, I think ARod will definitely remain a Yankee, very little doubt about that in my mind. But, he'll do it for $25-30M a year all of which will be paid by the Yankees rather than them only having to pay him $16M.

Guest oriofan8
This is the guy Angelos has craved for years. You don't think he'll match Steinbrenner's offer?

Angelos will NOT lose Tex to Steinbrenner !!!

This is the guy Angelos has craved for years. You don't think he'll match Steinbrenner's offer?

We need enough leftover for the rest of the team!

Personally I'd trade for Tex if you could get him for DCab because I believe Tex would extend. But that's purely based on everything he has said publicly over the past year or so. It's probably not the way things will work out but I like to hope.

If he opts for FA at the end of next year we'll still effectively have got 2 high draft picks and 1 year of Tex for DCab.

Not resigning Mo and Posada are good moves for the Yankees, IMO, at least long term. They're each getting dangerously close to that age where players fall off the table.

Also, I think ARod will definitely remain a Yankee, very little doubt about that in my mind. But, he'll do it for $25-30M a year all of which will be paid by the Yankees rather than them only having to pay him $16M.

Posada is still leading the league catchers in many offensive categories. At worst he could be a good DH for them. And remember, both of these guys have been career long Yankees.

I don't see A-Rod staying in New York. He has not liked it there, and his quotes lately have been very generic about returning to NY. Definitely doesn't sound like he wants to stay, regardless of how bad the Yanks want him.

I know there is the Mattingly link for why the Yankees might be enticing to Tex but I'm not sure I see the case for why Steinbrenner would choose to break the bank for him. He's a very good player but not really a unique player. I'm not sure the Yankees would even get involved in a bidding war for him.

Or figure out that he doesn't, and meanwhile DCab wins 20 for Texas.

There is no doubt in my mind that someday Cabrera, especially if we trade him, will suddenly become Randy Johnson.

The question is: Would you trade a "maybe someday" for a "doing it right now" player?

Something else to think about: A trade to aquire Teix this year might help them sign B-Rob and Bedard to extentions. Both may feel more comfortable about the future prospects of the team.

Get a slightly above average LF during the off season and you might have a wildcard team next year.

Hernandez

Teixera

Roberts

a healthy Miggy

Mora

new LF

Patterson

Markakis

DH Huff

Bedard

Guthrie

Loewen

Olsen

Burres

Maybe, if we acquire him I would hope you are right and I am wrong. However I think you are underestimating (if this board is any indication) the kind of expectations that he will be saddled with. I honestly don't know how he could meet/exceed expectations as ridiculous as some of them are.

I for one do not have high expectations for him. I think he is overrated but better than anything we have. He is not a 40 HR guy. he can drive in runs and plays good defense. He is just another piece to the puzzle not the answer. He will not be worth the $$ in the long run that we will have to pay. If we have to give up more than Cab's I am not for making a deal at this time.

There is no doubt in my mind that someday Cabrera, especially if we trade him, will suddenly become Randy Johnson.

The question is: Would you trade a "maybe someday" for a "doing it right now" player?

Exactly! Cabrera's POTENTIAL is no better than the POTENTIAL of Olson, Loewen, or Penn. The difference is that Cabrera hasn't put it together for three or four seasons in the majors, while the others have just now got here. I am so sick of hearing about Cabrera's potential. His POTENTIAL has lost us 9 games this year! Trade him for Tex YESTERDAY!

If he was going to stay a Yankee why do you think he'd do that instead of going the extension route. According to Boras the wacky contract Hicks gave him guarantees him $32m a year in 2009 and 2010. I don't see him signing w/NY as a free agent.

As for the other moves, not resigning Mo or Posada would be a decent move. If they decide they are out of it at the break they should even consider moving them at the deadline. They are very close to having the same type of farm system that was the reason they won championships a decade ago.

At some point he can't. Steinbrenner has more money to spend.

But to geschinger's point, why would Steinbrenner break the bank for Tex? Tex is the hometown guy that Angelos wants as the face of this franchise. In NY, he's just another All-Star first baseman...he's not A-Rod. I don't see Steinbrenner outbidding Angelos for Tex. Anyone else, yes, but not this player!

Not for just one year of "doing it now".

Archived