MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

I know Heir Cuomo is jumping for joy knowing his state is number 1 again.

The state’s confirmed cases reached 325 as of Thursday afternoon, according to the state’s official website. At least 148 of those cases are in Westchester County, where the city of New Rochelle is located.

I do hope Rob and Laura Petrie are ok. 

Don't really care about Richie, tho. .

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Saw this

The war ended in November 1918, and the clubs, hustling to get some of their players out of military uniform and into baseball uniform, decided on a 140-game card in 1919.  The season turned out well; in fact, a new home run record by Babe Ruth gave great promise for the future.  A 154-game schedule was mapped for 1920 and this was continued without a hitch through World War II.

I read something like that a few places, but opening day was only about a week or so later than usual.  Did that really give them any more meaningful time to get players back from a war that ended in November of '18?

18 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I read something like that a few places, but opening day was only about a week or so later than usual.  Did that really give them any more meaningful time to get players back from a war that ended in November of '18?

I'm sure it took several months to repatriate all the troops.   They had to come back on troop ships and there probably weren't enough so they had to keep going back and forth.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Then I saw they thought attendance would be low after the war.In fact it was a well attended year.Then saw that it was the first year of the nine game World Series, so wanted less regular season games. Got me.

I was going to a couple of spring training games next week in Sarasota, first time in 7 years.  So much for that idea.  At least I can use my SWA tickets for another trip, although I'd prefer a cash refund.   Well if this Coronvirus  fades in the warm weather maybe they'll have a few exhibition games in the summer before the regular season starts and I could go to see the Orioles in Sarasota  then with the SWA ticket. 

32 minutes ago, Maverick Hiker said:

I was going to a couple of spring training games next week in Sarasota, first time in 7 years.  So much for that idea.  At least I can use my SWA tickets for another trip, although I'd prefer a cash refund.   Well if this Coronvirus  fades in the warm weather maybe they'll have a few exhibition games in the summer before the regular season starts and I could go to see the Orioles in Sarasota  then with the SWA ticket. 

I was able to get my hotel money back for my trip next week as last night Hilton decided to waive cancellation fees.  Which I really appreciate. Not sure what the deal with American Airlines I might get my money back there as well but haven’t called yet.  I have a  booked two week European trip in July that I hope I will be able to make but who knows at this point.