MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

18 minutes ago, atomic said:

Also got his graduate degree from University of North Texas.  Something like the 190th best graduate school for Psychology in the country.  So I wouldn't say he is even an expert in Psychology. 

As a Johns Hopkins grad and psychiatrist, I would say your assessment is accurate.  As a psychologist, he is an excellent celebrity TV person. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

glad you made out well, others are not so fortunate.

try doing that with a house rental with VRBO.

BTW, you also failed to mention the airline.

My airline wont refund my first class tickets, but will to give me a voucher to fly later with them.

I got tickets via miles. I haven't called them up yet to get them reinstated.  They said that they are waiving reinstatement fees for miles for cancelled trips. I will call them (AA) today and let you know.   As I have nowhere to fly I was not in hurry to get miles reinstated. 

I have never done VRBO as I don't feel safe doing that. I  have a friend who does it all the time.  But I guess I am more cautious. 

13 minutes ago, atomic said:

I got tickets via miles. I haven't called them up yet to get them reinstated.  They said that they are waiving reinstatement fees for miles for cancelled trips. I will call them (AA) today and let you know.   As I have nowhere to fly I was not in hurry to get miles reinstated. 

I have never done VRBO as I don't feel safe doing that. I  have a friend who does it all the time.  But I guess I am more cautious. 

Never had the slightest issue with VRBO before, so we shall see in 2 months.

Coldwell Banker in Ocean City isnt playing well with us, but, they havent won yet. :)

So called American Airlines and they reinstated the miles and refunded the taxes which were about $150 per ticket x 4 tickets.  Now i can fly anywhere in the world.  Well I can't fly anywhere. I feel like I am going to be calling them up again when my summer trip gets cancelled.  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Also got his graduate degree from University of North Texas.  Something like the 190th best graduate school for Psychology in the country.  So I wouldn't say he is even an expert in Psychology. 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

As a Johns Hopkins grad and psychiatrist, I would say your assessment is accurate.  As a psychologist, he is an excellent celebrity TV person. 

I'm not going to comment on a random celebrity's psychology chops, but there's a lot of confirmation bias in the "you must go to an elite school to be any good" train of thought.  The average Harvard grad is probably better than the average North Texas grad but the distribution curves of graduates and their skill sets definitely overlap, and almost certainly converge the farther away from graduation you get.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Never had the slightest issue with VRBO before, so we shall see in 2 months.

Coldwell Banker in Ocean City isnt playing well with us, but, they havent won yet. :)

I have rented through Jack Lingo before which does Lewes/Rehobeth/Dewey  home rentals.  Looking at their website it says most of the home owners are trying to work with the renters.  Seems I would have been in same situation as you even with them. 

10 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I'm not going to comment on a random celebrity's psychology chops, but there's a lot of confirmation bias in the "you must go to an elite school to be any good" train of thought.  The average Harvard grad is probably better than the average North Texas grad but the distribution curves of graduates and their skill sets definitely overlap, and almost certainly converge the farther away from graduation you get.

It does show that the person who went to a top graduate program worked a lot harder as an undergraduate than the people who went to a third tier graduate program.  

One of my degrees is in Psychology.  I thought about going for my doctorate but if I did I wouldn't be giving people advice I would be doing research once I had graduated.  Working in an educational setting.  I am not sure that the University you attended would have much influence on your ability to provide good life advice.  I highly doubt I would be a good clinical psychologist no matter which university I attended. 

28 minutes ago, atomic said:

It does show that the person who went to a top graduate program worked a lot harder as an undergraduate than the people who went to a third tier graduate program. 

That might be true in some cases, but to generalize is foolish.  USN&WR rankings do not necessarily correlate to how hard you have to work.

3 hours ago, tntoriole said:

So you are saying perhaps it might not be a good thing to solve major family issues ,spliced down to an hour?

Who knew , I  thought everything could get solved in an hour.

Three more teams have adopted a policy of payment through the end of May: the Angels (via Passan, on Twitter), Pirates (via Jon Heyman of MLB Network, on Twitter), and Rangers (per Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, via Twitter).

Additionally, the Rockies have adopted a more open-ended policy akin to that of the Tigers, per Britt Ghiroli and Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (

These 17 teams will pay non-player employees through at least the end of May: the Astros, Blue Jays, Braves, Brewers, Cardinals, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Giants, Mariners, Marlins, Phillies, Reds, Red Sox, Rockies, Royals, Twins, and White Sox. Beyond that, there are no known assurances.

No New York teams yet. Orioles not yet either. In fact have not heard much from the Orioles till recently. 

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/04/20/coronavirus-response-orioles-chick-fil-a-donate-hundreds-of-meals-to-workers-at-medstar-harbor-hospital/

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/04/21/10-baltimore-city-council-members-call-on-orioles-to-pay-concessions-workers-for-missed-games-during-covid-19-pandemic/

33 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So you are saying perhaps it might not be a good thing to solve major family issues ,spliced down to an hour?

Who knew , I  thought everything could get solved in an hour.

Ummm...that is not how it works in my experience.   Which is why it is a TV show.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Ummm...that is not how it works in my experience.   Which is why it is a TV show.   

Dr Oz,Dr Phil .I always thought Dr.Who was the smartest.  

Maybe get the guy from Bar Rescue to yell at all the Governors. Then he changes the name of each state and each governor hugs him. They do a stress test to see how relaxing the restraints work.Then each state does a relaunch..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

That might be true in some cases, but to generalize is foolish.  USN&WR rankings do not necessarily correlate to how hard you have to work.

Come on.  It is intelligence and how hard you work.  Yeah you might get into Duke or Stanford being lazy if you are great at sports.  

10 minutes ago, atomic said:

Come on.  It is intelligence and how hard you work.  Yeah you might get into Duke or Stanford being lazy if you are great at sports.  

I don't think it is very common for "lazy" folks to be great enough at sports to get a free ride to Duke or Stanford.