Baseball games re-broadcast

Carllamy

The Nationals just sent out an email saying that 106.7 The Fan radio in DC will be re-airing Nationals playoff games. I was wondering when that was going to start happening. I would guess that it is only a matter of time before the O's, and most/all baseball teams, will be re-airing old games.

Wouldn't it be great if radio would air old games from the 50s, 60s and 70s. But I don't even knw if that can happen. I mean, the O's are on 105.7 FM now. Back then the games (as far as I know) were on 1090 WBAL AM. Who owns the rights to those old Broadcasts: The radio station? MLB? The Orioles?

Also, I suppose they'll start replaying old televisedbaseball games. Again, who owns the rights to those? Would we only see the ones from MASN/HTS? Or could we see old games that were on WJZ 13?

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lowenstein on McGregor "...if the velocity of his fastball exceeds that of his changeup, he should be very happy today." ?

Lowenstein on McGregor saying it's bad to second-guess oneself while pitching: "Well, you can talk to yourself. Just don't answer your own questions!"

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lowenstein on McGregor "...if the velocity of his fastball exceeds that of his changeup, he should be very happy today." ?

Interesting that he was a player and broadcaster in the same season.

Dwyer surprise bunt single. Cal infield single. Murray double to left-center fence scores both. Freddie Lynn infield single, Eddie scores on error.

Enjoyable to watch Sakata and Sheets and McGregor's quirky delivery. Had forgotten.

Ripken line drive single. Murray turns around and bats right-handed vs. LHP reliever and hits single off his fists, Cal going all the way to 3rd, Eddie escapes getting run down between 1st and 2nd when Cal fakes running home. Lynn walks. Sheets batting despite lefty on lefty inside-outs line-drive 2-run single to opposite field. 5-0 in the fifth.