How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

14 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I don't think its that big of a deal to open the facilities to players (not fans)

I can see the facilities starting to open in Mid-May or so.Depends where hot spots develop and so many other things.Of course one player or god forbid an older coach gets really sick then all the sports would probably be done for awhile. 

New York was even mentioning maybe some sports later in June  Probably talk but we shall see. Someone even mentioned the Yankees and Mets can  play in less density cities like Binghamton and Syracuse. Have a Northeast league with teams playing in minor league ballparks from Toronto to DC.But all just talk.

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

I can see the facilities starting to open in Mid-May or so.Depends where hot spots develop and so many other things.Of course one player or god forbid an older coach gets really sick then all the sports would probably be done for awhile. 

New York was even mentioning maybe some sports later in June  Probably talk but we shall see. Someone even mentioned the Yankees and Mets can  play in less density cities like Binghamton and Syracuse. Have a Northeast league with teams playing in minor league ballparks from Toronto to DC.But all just talk.

I would imagine they could open at their home park rather than spring training. But I'm assuming the wear and tear on the stadium field would be an issue

On 4/25/2020 at 6:56 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

Yes, they're awesome. I always imagine cricket field players taunting baseball players for using gloves, and baseball players taunting cricketers for their big, flat bats.

Lived in England for 3 years, many years ago. I watched more cricket than I thought I would. Never did get the grasp of the game, but to be fair, I was only amusingly watching and really not trying.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

For example ... Restaurants are open for carryout and delivery. The employees of they businesses are obviously working inside the businesses.

some restaurant are being allowed to reopen in some places, as long as its limited table service, and they customers can maintain social distancing from the other tables.

38 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I would imagine they could open at their home park rather than spring training. But I'm assuming the wear and tear on the stadium field would be an issue

They could have summer  training at college campuses and stay in dorms.  

Anyway I don't know that they stay at home order is having much affect in Maryland.  I see small parks overflowing with hundreds of cars.  I see take-outs where you have to inside with 20 cars int he lots.  50 times the normal amount of people walking around my neighborhood none with masks. Grocery stores, pharmacies and hardware stores packed with people.  Really I am not sure what the point of it is at this point. 

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

According to the morning news the NBA has given teams permission to reopen practice facilities. This is obviously the first step to resuming their season. I’m guessing that baseball will do the same pretty quickly.

Yet, the NBA had more players with COVID, than the other sports. :)

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

They could have summer  training at college campuses and stay in dorms.  

Anyway I don't know that they stay at home order is having much affect in Maryland.  I see small parks overflowing with hundreds of cars.  I see take-outs where you have to inside with 20 cars int he lots.  50 times the normal amount of people walking around my neighborhood none with masks. Grocery stores, pharmacies and hardware stores packed with people.  Really I am not sure what the point of it is at this point. 

Almost every place in my town, is curbside service only, customers are not being allowed in stores. Traffic congestion is probably 2/3 less than normal. Yeah, the fast food places have long lines in the drive through, but that isnt breaking social distancing rules.

Ive seen live drone pictures of Baltimore, and its more empty than I have ever seen it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Publicly reported cases.

Somehow it appears that the pro sports are able to test their players and coaching staff for COVID-19, yet, there area a shortage of kits on the street, and the public isnt getting tested without symptoms, and no retests for those with it, to ensure its gone from their system

15 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Somehow it appears that the pro sports are able to test their players and coaching staff for COVID-19, yet, there area a shortage of kits on the street, and the public isnt getting tested without symptoms, and no retests for those with it, to ensure its gone from their system

Because on one reason.Also read some Hollywood people also have been tested.

Fisher Island: How America's richest ZIP code got coronavirus antibody tests - Business Insider https://www.businessinsider.com/how-richest-zip-code-fisher-island-got-coronavirus-tests-2020-4

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Fisher Island: How America's richest ZIP code got coronavirus antibody tests - Business Insider https://www.businessinsider.com/how-richest-zip-code-fisher-island-got-coronavirus-tests-2020-4

As long as they are paying through the nose for it I'm fine with it.  The amount of tests being used for this sort of thing is negligible on a national level and if they are paying a premium for the service that money can be leverage for more value than the tests possess. 

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Thanks.

Well duh

In a statement, Lisa Worley, a spokesperson for UHealth, acknowledged that the purchase might have created the impression that certain communities would receive preferential treatment for the tests.

Shame here in Md, we had trouble getting staff tested that had come into contact with COVID patients at assisted living center. They were sent home from work for 10 days before they finally got tested.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

As long as they are paying through the nose for it I'm fine with it.  The amount of tests being used for this sort of thing is negligible on a national level and if they are paying a premium for the service that money can be leverage for more value than the tests possess. 

Early in the process a large amount of tests went to NBA players. Not everything should be decided by how much money you have.