Angels sweep inept Orioles with 6-0 win

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I would probably replay the 1997 Orioles and right what went wrong in the 1997 postseason. 

Yep.  I've got a 2020 franchise going with the Orioles now.  And a 1986 Mets franchise going, too.  It's taking up a lot of time...and truthfully, one franchise is enough.

But part of me wants to play the 1989 Orioles and see what happens.  And it would be tempting to draft Frank Thomas instead of Ben McDonald.  But who's to say Ben McDonald can't live up to the hype in sim-world?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yep.  I've got a 2020 franchise going with the Orioles now.  And a 1986 Mets franchise going, too.  It's taking up a lot of time...and truthfully, one franchise is enough.

But part of me wants to play the 1989 Orioles and see what happens.  And it would be tempting to draft Frank Thomas instead of Ben McDonald.  But who's to say Ben McDonald can't live up to the hype in sim-world?

I'm getting tempted to buy this now, but I have other video games I haven't completed yet. And I swore myself to finish the games that are still wrapped in plastic first. 

I guess I was just trying to make the point that everything is data driven, and when the data says you're supposed to be bad, I dunno how a simulator would ever give you an edge.

You know, no one thought the 2012 Orioles were supposed to be any good, but sometimes you just get Chris Davis at the right time. Or Chris Tillman and Jason Hammel putting up career years. Or finding Miguel Gonzalez randomly. And Adam Jones and Nick Markakis finding their step. Or Jim Johnson going into lockdown mode.

I'm pretty sure we were ranked by every major publication to be last in the division that year. OOTP would probably agree 100% of the time, but real life had other plans.

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I guess I was just trying to make the point that everything is data driven, and when the data says you're supposed to be bad, I dunno how a simulator would ever give you an edge.

You know, no one thought the 2012 Orioles were supposed to be any good, but sometimes you just get Chris Davis at the right time. Or Chris Tillman and Jason Hammel putting up career years. Or finding Miguel Gonzalez randomly. And Adam Jones and Nick Markakis finding their step. Or Jim Johnson going into lockdown mode.

I'm pretty sure we were ranked by every major publication to be last in the division that year. OOTP would probably agree 100% of the time, but real life had other plans.

Nah, this is where you go too far. While OOTP is going to go off the information it has, so if the team looks bad, it's probably going to be bad (did anyone think the Orioles would be good this year after losing Villar, Mancini and trading Bundy?) it does have some variation involved. I've seen guys have great years with a half star (out of five) and guys with 4 and half stars struggle.

At the end of the day, it does a pretty good job.