Intentional Talk: Asa Lacy

weams

Scores high as being personable and well spoken!   Was also interesting during the “Texas History Quiz”, when he and Millar were asked to name one of the seven Texas born Hall of Famers,  he quickly answered “ Nolan Ryan” (natch) but when neither he nor Millar came up with a second quickly, Chris Rose read the rest.   Frank Robinson was one of them, to which Lacy commented  “ I did not realize Frank Robinson was born in Texas”.

(Almost like .... how did I miss that when studying up on the Orioles.... ?!)

12 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

Scores high as being personable and well spoken!   Was also interesting during the “Texas History Quiz”, when he and Millar were asked to name one of the seven Texas born Hall of Famers,  he quickly answered “ Nolan Ryan” (natch) but when neither he nor Millar came up with a second quickly, Chris Rose read the rest.   Frank Robinson was one of them, to which Lacy commented  “ I did not realize Frank Robinson was born in Texas”.

(Almost like .... how did I miss that when studying up on the Orioles.... ?!)

Interesting.  I didn't know that Frank was born in Texas, either.  I know he went to high school in Oakland, California with Bill Russell, Curt Flood, and Vada Pinson.  He played basketball with Russell and baseball with the other two.  Can you imagine playing against a team with multiple guys like that in high school?

30 minutes ago, interloper said:

As if a similar windup can tell us anything about him being anything as good as Kershaw? I don't doubt he's a stud prospect, I'm just saying. What happens to the ball after it leaves the windup is the thing that matters..

If I were a betting man, I would guess it heads towards home plate.

41 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Interesting.  I didn't know that Frank was born in Texas, either.  I know he went to high school in Oakland, California with Bill Russell, Curt Flood, and Vada Pinson.  He played basketball with Russell and baseball with the other two.  Can you imagine playing against a team with multiple guys like that in high school?

Mark Reynolds, BJ Upton, Justin Upton,  David Wright and Ryan Zimmerman all played on the same showcase team.

He's seems like a very nice young man. Ace lefty, grab him if Detroit fumbles it.

I'm still drooling over the 9 pound largemouth!!!!! Biggest one I ever caught was about 4 1/2 and that thing was a monster (to me anyways... everything's bigger in Tejas.) I can't even imagine what it'd be like to haul in something THAT big.

We're going down to the lake this weekend. Maybe not the smartest idea in the world but we're going...