Your Final O's Draft Predictions!

I am going to go all crazy here, I still think Mick Abel might be one of the best pitchers in this draft but think they go for position players

#2-Robert Hassell III(Might end up being the best bat in the draft a few years down the road)Under slot(Also fits the narrative that Elias is targeting the best available who can play multiple positions

#30-Jordan Walker(Bitsko if he falls outside the first round and then Jordan #39 if he is still available)Over slot

#39-Justin Lange(Outside chance of taking Blaze Jordan here if still on the board)

1 hour ago, sevastras said:

I am going to go all crazy here, I still think Mick Abel might be one of the best pitchers in this draft but think they go for position players

#2-Robert Hassell III(Might end up being the best bat in the draft a few years down the road)Under slot(Also fits the narrative that Elias is targeting the best available who can play multiple positions

#30-Jordan Walker(Bitsko if he falls outside the first round and then Jordan #39 if he is still available)Over slot

#39-Justin Lange(Outside chance of taking Blaze Jordan here if still on the board)

An interesting pick at #2... Hassell certainly is a very good HS bat, arguably the best HS bat, but his selection by the O's would be a shocker. :)

So, latest from Bleacher's Report via a Detroit writer - so this could get interesting.  It would be quite a risk taken by our FO to go overslot at 30/39 and perhaps expect to put out big bonus $ to someone at 74.  There would have to be back-up plans to back-up plans for this to work - in other words, the expectation that there would be a player or more likely a group of players who will last until 30/39/74 and perhaps after.  BTW, Jim Callis projected us taking Westburg in the supplemental first saying his supplemental first round picks were "educated guesses".  Then he said he meant to include Jordan Walker in the supplement first list but forgot.

But Henning reported Martin-to-Orioles is not set in stone:

"Martin was expected to be picked second overall by the Orioles. But there were reports Wednesday that the Orioles were readying a surprise: a less-gaudy player who could be signed well beneath the allowance limit, which would ostensibly allow Baltimore to throw big bucks later in the draft at a player who might otherwise be off to college."

8 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

So, latest from Bleacher's Report via a Detroit writer - so this could get interesting.  It would be quite a risk taken by our FO to go overslot at 30/39 and perhaps expect to put out big bonus $ to someone at 74.  There would have to be back-up plans to back-up plans for this to work - in other words, the expectation that there would be a player or more likely a group of players who will last until 30/39/74 and perhaps after.  BTW, Jim Callis projected us taking Westburg in the supplemental first saying his supplemental first round picks were "educated guesses".  Then he said he meant to include Jordan Walker in the supplement first list but forgot.

But Henning reported Martin-to-Orioles is not set in stone:

"Martin was expected to be picked second overall by the Orioles. But there were reports Wednesday that the Orioles were readying a surprise: a less-gaudy player who could be signed well beneath the allowance limit, which would ostensibly allow Baltimore to throw big bucks later in the draft at a player who might otherwise be off to college."

I don’t like this.  Take Martin. 

Not a fan of getting too cute with this.  I don't want to pass on Martin to meet one player's overslot price tag.  I would hope we end up with overslot guys at 30/39 and 74 - maybe leaving with four of the top 40-45 prospects in the draft.  The question is - if we go this route, who is the guy we take at second overall who is taking the big discount - not sure Veen or Gonzales provide the type of discount we are looking for though Gonazales really wants to be in Bmore.