George Will baseball trivia quiz 2020

Frobby

5 hours ago, Philip said:

Love George Will. George Plimpton, too. George Of the Jungle wasn’t bad, either.

And my Papa.

But not George III. He was bad.

Except in Hamilton, where he was hilarious.   

I had an Uncle George.   He emigrated from Russia on foot.   Amazing.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Except in Hamilton, where he was hilarious.   

I had an Uncle George.   He emigrated from Russia on foot.   Amazing.   

Bering Strait land bridge?  Thought that went away 10000 years ago?

Just kidding sounds like an amazing story.

3 minutes ago, weams said:

I have an Uncle George as well. He walks the earth.

web1_George-Clinton.jpg

A friend of a friend of mine was tasked by his fraternity to pick up Clinton from the airport.  The Funkadelic lit up a crackpipe in his car.  Or so that’s the legend that is told.

29 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

A friend of a friend of mine was tasked by his fraternity to pick up Clinton from the airport.  The Funkadelic lit up a crackpipe in his car.  Or so that’s the legend that is told.

That’s the Uncle George I know. 

It's more fun to do this quiz with BB-ref at hand.  Guess an answer, look it up on BB-ref, and if you're wrong keep guessing.    If you get your first guess right, then it still "counts" as a right answer, but if you get it wrong you can still have fun trying to guess.  

I found a couple of mistakes in Will's answers.  Will reveal them later on in the thread, so as to not spoil anyone's fun.

George F. Will: "The precarious balance between infield and outfield suggests a perfect symmetry. For $50, identify the effect of that symmetry."

[ the contestants stare cluelessly, as the buzzer sounds ]

George F. Will: Sorry. The answer is: "The exhilarating tension between being and becoming." Being and becoming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

George F. Will: "The precarious balance between infield and outfield suggests a perfect symmetry. For $50, identify the effect of that symmetry."

George F. Will: Sorry. The answer is: "The exhilarating tension between being and becoming." Being and becoming.

Dang it!  I had “It is not unlike watching Atlantis rise again from the sea, the bones of its kings new-covered with flesh.” 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said: