The Rubber Match (vs. RED SOX, 7/26)

OFFNY

9 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Not a fan of the sac bunt there.

Expected runs per inning, first and second, no outs: 1.46

Expected runs per inning, second and third, one out: 1.36

Adjust for situation.  How likely is a ground ball and potential double play with DJ Stewart facing Ryan Wheter?  How likely is it that Hays can get a fly ball deep enough, vs the chance that he gets a base hit? 

Just now, Morgan423 said:

Yeah, stats say the sac move somewhat increases the chance of scoring at least one run in the inning in that scenario, but lowers your chance of a big inning quite a lot.  Just about what you'd expect.

With the increase in both home runs and strikeouts I think it's a worse play now than ever before (depending on how juiced the 2020 ball is).

• Upvote 2

o

NUMBER 1

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER

o

2 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

Adjust for situation.  How likely is a ground ball and potential double play with DJ Stewart facing Ryan Wheter?  How likely is it that Hays can get a fly ball deep enough, vs the chance that he gets a base hit? 

Not as high as you’d think because Stewart runs better than you think.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

With the increase in both home runs and strikeouts I think it's a worse play now than ever before (depending on how juiced the 2020 ball is).

My initial impression having watched about 6 MLB games so far is that it doesn't feel like last year's superball.  A lot of the HRs I've seen have been in the first few rows, I *think* only one team has had a 5 HR game so far (White Sox yesterday), and I have yet to see one of those fly balls that looks routine and then carries out and surprises me like we saw so much last year.

And it's certainly prime hitting/carrying weather around most of the country 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

It's not just a double play. A bad bunt can result in a popup or a force-out. (The popup can be a DP if the runners are in motion.)

6 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Somebody needs to teach Garceau how to pronounce Santander's name. We aren't in the Bob Clemente era anymore.

o

I remember my friend showing this baseball card that he acquired, about 25 years ago.

1961 Topps Bob Clemente #388 Baseball - VCP Price Guide

o