May be the end of the season. Get it while it is here. Manfred.

weams

• weams changed the title to May be the end of the season. Get it while it is here. Manfred.

I posted the same info on the MLB thread.

its pretty ridiculous that Manfred didn’t lay down some serious DO THIS/DONT DO THIS rules, instead just relying on the players to self-police.

one more nail in his already studded coffin.

They built the rosters for the exact reason if they had people test positive.  Now they are saying it will shut down if we keep getting cases.  The Marlins issue I get but teams are gonna get few guys here and there and they expected that.  They change the goal posts but that seems to be the norm for last few years.

7 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

They built the rosters for the exact reason if they had people test positive.  Now they are saying it will shut down if we keep getting cases.  The Marlins issue I get but teams are gonna get few guys here and there and they expected that.  They change the goal posts but that seems to be the norm for last few years.

For several reasons.. it's just not as simple as sending in 18 jabronis from a taxi squad and soldiering on... It's taken us a week just to figure out who all is infected on the Marlins.

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

its pretty ridiculous that Manfred didn’t lay down some serious DO THIS/DONT DO THIS rules, instead just relying on the players to self-police.

There is a protocol. The players have to follow it - they're adults. The players have been extremely careless in the dugout - I can only imagine what they are doing when cameras aren't on them.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

There is a protocol. The players have to follow it - they're adults. The players have been extremely careless in the dugout - I can only imagine what they are doing when cameras aren't on them.

They aren’t restricted on their movements outside the stadium. 
that’s what the whole “encouraging” thing was 

24 minutes ago, Philip said:

He needs to keep the union on board.  My guess is their was blowback from their end.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have to agree with him on this one.

Both sides need to do better.

Of course, he's right, but where has he been. The on-field behavior issues were apparent from the outset.

While I can't read Manfred's mind, what he's done is consistent with a goal of minimizing the number of games and blaming everything on the players' rather than on the glaring weaknesses in the plan presented by MLB. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Of course, he's right, but where has he been. The on-field behavior issues were apparent from the outset.

While I can't read Manfred's mind, what he's done is consistent with a goal of minimizing the number of games and blaming everything on the players' rather than on the glaring weaknesses in the plan presented by MLB. 

We don't know.  Odds are good he was busy dropping the ball but maybe he's been with the teams and the union trying to get these players reigned in?  I doubt it but maybe.  I don't think him going out from day one and calling folks out would have been beneficial.