When was last season you didn’t attend a game?

eddie83

I have been thinking about this off and on. Going to games is something I always do. Some years more than others but I usually go ti 8-12 games a year. So odd this year not be in a stadium.

I know my first game was in 1981. I am not 100% sure but I think I went in 1982 but not sure about 83. I know I went to some games in 1984 and every season since. So it’s been roughly 37??or 40?? years since I didn’t attend at least one Orioles game. I mean how many places do you visit for that long in your life every year? 

So how many consecutive years have you attended at least one Orioles game before this season?

2019. I attended through nearly all the dark years, and every year from 2011-2018, but I was so deflated by 2018 and the start to 2019 that I just didn't bother.

Edit: Actually, I went to Ed Smith Stadium (and a few other spring training stadia) in March 2019 during a Florida vacation trip. I just didn't go to OPACY that year.

I'm thinking the last year I didn't go to any baseball park, before 2020, was probably sometime in the early 2000s. I didn't have a long streak of absence, though. We definitely went to at least one game in like, 13 of the 14 losing seasons.

Been driving up from NC at least once a year (sometimes 3 times a year) for 22 years. The last five years, it's often been a train ride and not a drive. This will be the first year since then. There was one year where I caught an O's / Nats series in DC and didn't make it to Camden Yards. 

I know I didn't go to any games at Camden Yards the first few years after it opened, because I was afraid of coming all the way from Pennsylvania and then finding that the park was sold out.

Not sure when I finally made it to Camden Yards for the first time, but I believe I've made it to at least one game every year since.

5 hours ago, scbalt52 said:

I'm only 27 but I'm about 99% sure I've been to at least one game every year the past 20-25 years. Usually 5-10. It is very odd to not be walking down Eutaw street some this summer during BP and getting a Boog's sandwich.

I’m also 27.  I think I’ve attended at least one game every year since 1997. 

The last game I saw in person had Ubaldo Jimenez pitching as an Oriole. Because unfortunately I work a job where the bulk of my hours come during baseball season. It's not on a regular schedule either so that makes it even harder to make it to a game. Maybe when I retire...if I get to retire.

Probably mid-70s when I was a kid.   My Dad would take us to one game a year when we were growing up, because those $4 tickets were do damn expensive.

So I'm just going to guess that maybe we missed a year somewhere in the 74-76 timeframe.

If we didn't, it would be 1972, as we moved to Maryland in November of that year and I pretty much immediately picked up Oriole fandom the next season.

On Saturday I went down to Atlas Brewing Company, which has a new taproom about 200 feet from the Nats Park center field gates.   Outdoor seating on what used to be Half Street, and the indoor area was wide open (garage door wide) with 20+ foot high ceilings and ceiling fans and social distancing (my friend and I sat at one corner of the bar and the closes people were about 15 feet away).

Watched on TV.   Couldn't quite hear the crack of the bat but we could hear the PA announcer.

So that counts as attending a game this year for me.