Hello

BarclaySouthway

Screaming indeed. Too bad the site's owner had to put his backwards political views above the community that's supported him all this time. Claiming that it was the O's fault is just projection -- he made the decision to shut down this community over a single canceled game, the O's didn't do that. But I have seen that tact used more and more by those who agree with the current POTUS' politics: they punch you in the face while simultaneously having the gall to say, "Hey, why are you punching me in the face?!" -- when in fact you're not, and they are punching you (but they can't even realize that they are, because they are incapable of or unwilling to entertain that level of self-reflection).

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, BarclaySouthway said:

I went to Reddit r/orioles.  It's free.  Obviously it's not as good as the hangout message boards but maybe if enough people migrate there, it could be decent.

Oh we are a welcoming community...with guys that just downvote everything in the game thread.  Huh?

Saw we traded Givens to the Rockies for Nevin, Vavra, and a PTNL.

What a great deal for us! 

Good luck Givens, I hope this deal helps the Rockies. 

I’ve been critical of Elias and think I owe him props.

Also, turned Milone into two players to be named from the Braves. I don’t expect them to be rated guys but perhaps one can make an impact.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, BarclaySouthway said:

A lot of casual fans there.  They cannot handle the truth from you, Corn.

I wasn't talking about me being downvoted.  I mean you have yahoos on there that just downvote every response in the game thread.  That's just childish.  Anyway, Mountcastle looked good, I waiting for BB reference to update so I can see how much his rWAR went up in a loss.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, allquixotic said:

Screaming indeed. Too bad the site's owner had to put his backwards political views above the community that's supported him all this time. Claiming that it was the O's fault is just projection -- he made the decision to shut down this community over a single canceled game, the O's didn't do that. But I have seen that tact used more and more by those who agree with the current POTUS' politics: they punch you in the face while simultaneously having the gall to say, "Hey, why are you punching me in the face?!" -- when in fact you're not, and they are punching you (but they can't even realize that they are, because they are incapable of or unwilling to entertain that level of self-reflection).

You hit the nail on the head!