Keegan Akin 2020

Il BuonO

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES) 9/11) )))))) [GAME TWO]

Akin was KO'd from the game after only 2/3 of an inning, with some assistance from a sloppy Orioles defense ...... it was a team effort.

o

Didn’t get to see the game,  so thanks.   Glad to know he wasn’t hurt at least.  Was a bit shocked when I saw the box score. 

• Upvote 1

He handled the postgame intervewi well after getting squeezed by the home plate umpire  on three obvious strikes. Has anyone ever seen Sisco argue wih an umpire.?  After the third one he should have started barking and stood up yesterday on 9/11. Gone to the mound to get the ump out there to say something. They should not have played NY yesterday.on 9/11. NY was not going to lose any games.  To compound things the Orioles defense had their worst inning of the year. I'm not sure how much longer I can take Ruiz at 3B.  Cisco has never seen a ball bounce he liked and is back to swinging at everything; Mullins throw home was ridiculous. Aiming for the dugout? was not losing yesterday.  Aikin was part of a horror movie. After 39 pitches he probably said get me out of here. Even Hyde got on the ump down 10-1. Prayers for those who survived and did not on 9/11.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, section18 said:

They should not have played NY yesterday.on 9/11. NY was not going to lose any games.                                                                     

This got me to wondering whether the Yankees usually play on the anniversary of 9/11 and what their record has been.   The answer is that yes they usually play (17 of the last 19 years).   Before yesterday, they’d gone 5-3 at home and 5-3 on the road.    So it’s not like they’re invincible on 9/11, or that MLB makes some special effort to make sure they’re playing at home that day.    By the way, the O’s have played the Yankees 6 times on 9/11 (7 if you want to count yesterday twice), including the first year anniversary of 9/11.     We’ve done very poorly against them on that day, 1-6 including the two losses yesterday.   We beat them in 2009, 10-4.     

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

This got me to wondering whether the Yankees usually play on the anniversary of 9/11 and what their record has been.   The answer is that yes they usually play (17 of the last 19 years).   Before yesterday, they’d gone 5-3 at home and 5-3 on the road.    So it’s not like they’re invincible on 9/11, or that MLB makes some special effort to make sure they’re playing at home that day.    By the way, the O’s have played the Yankees 6 times on 9/11 (7 if you want to count yesterday twice), including the first year anniversary of 9/11.     We’ve done very poorly against them on that day, 1-6 including the two losses yesterday.   We beat them in 2009, 10-4.     

I guess it’s okay to blame the small strike zone .... But I have to assume that it was the same for both. 

The ump did not call anything but swinging strikes againt the Yankees until about the 4th or 5th inning and the game was over by then 7 or 8-1. We don't usually do this but does anyone know anything about the home plate ump? i dpn't recall his name  His background? Adam ? Ben gave up on him in the second. He missed at least 15 inside or on the line strikes by the 4th inning.

39 minutes ago, section18 said:

The ump did not call anything but swinging strikes against the Yankees until about the 4th or 5th inning, and the game was over by then 7 or 8-1. We don't usually do this, but does anyone know anything about the home-plate umpire ??? I don't recall his name. His background ??? Adam ??? Ben gave up on him in the second. He missed at least 15 inside or on the line strikes by the 4th inning.

o

From what I hear he gambles incessantly, has been seen dining with numerous Yankees players at least a dozen times over the past year, often winks at Aaron Boone after ringing up opposing players on questionable 2-strike pitches, and cried when the Arizona Diamondbacks scored 2 runs off of Mariano Rivera in the bottom of the 9th inning in Game 7 of the 2001 World Series.

o

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

From what I hear he gambles incessantly, has been seen dining with numerous Yankees players at least a dozen times over the past year, often winks at Aaron Boone after ringing up opposing players on questionable 2-strike pitches, and cried when the Arizona Diamondbacks scored 2 runs off of Mariano Rivera in the bottom of the 9th inning in Game 7 of the 2001 World Series.

o

He has 3 sons named Derek, Mariano, and Arod.

• Haha 1

o

At one point, Akin retired 11 consecutive batters before Austin Riley reached on an infield single in the 5th inning.

At one point, Akin threw 14 consecutive Strikes.

Not a single Braves base-runner went beyond 2nd base while Akin was in the game.

15 OUTS: )  9 Strikeouts, 2 Foulouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts

KEEGAN LEE AKIN )))))))) (vs. BRAVES, 9/16)

IP:lll5 

H:lllll.3 ) l(3 Singles)

R:llll 0

BB:ll1

SO:ll9

Pitches: l) 93 )(63)Strikes, )30)Balls)

2020 ERA: l) 3.38 )  18.67 IP  (7 ER) 

2020 WHIP: l)  1.232  )  18.67 IP  (23 H/BB) 

2020 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .200  )(14 for 70)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

25  ll(15 l.Strikes, ll10 lllBalls)

12  lll(10 llStrikes, llll21 llBalls)

16  lll(11 llStrikes, llll51 llBalls)

16  lll(11 llStrikes, llll51 llBalls)

24  lll(16 llStrikes, lllll81lllBalls) )

o