Herrera and DJ Stewart promoted, Mason Williams DFA'd

MurphDogg

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

The Mets starter Ariel Jurado is making his Mets debut. He was 7-11 with a 5.81 ERA last year for the Rangers. 

And we’re throwing out Valaika and Mullins, Velasquez and Ruiz. The other 4 guys may be fine, but that’s still empty spots in your lineup. I watched Jurado pitch in Texas...he’s going to be blazing against us....

I mean, he was lousy in Texas, which means that the stage is set for him to throw a No-Hitter.

Edited by Philip

50 minutes ago, Philip said:

I agree But we have to give Stewart a chance to prove that he’s not a wasted pic. At the moment, I don’t think it’s looking good, but that’s why you got to give him a chance.

Yeah, I agree with you. I’m not feeling great about Stewart obviously. He doesn’t seem to do anything particularly well. But he does deserve a good look so I guess I will retract my comment in that sense. I like to see at least average defense out of every player and Stewart doesn’t seem to hit or defend well. At least Williams could play the field a bit. 

• Upvote 1

Back up CF - Velazquez

Player in trouble - Ruiz.   Herrera may be here because Alberto hurt his knee but if Herrera hits when Alberto is back Ruiz could be pushed to backup defensive 3B.    Bother Alberto and Herrera can play 2B and 3B.  Ruiz better start hitting.

DJ Stewart - I don't know where he gets his at bats.  With 31 games in 31 days they will need to rest Santander and Mountcastle but both are regulars.   That leaves Stewart with a couple of starts a week in the OF corners and PHing duty.   Not many at bats.  

People say don't pay attention to SSS.   Mason Williams got 11 at bats in 7 games.  He didn't hit.  He didn't get good jumps in the OF.  And he is DFA'd.  Sometimes a few chances are all that a player gets.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philip said:

And we’re throwing out Valaika and Mullins, Velasquez and Ruiz. The other 4 guys may be fine, but that’s still empty spots in your lineup. I watched Jurado pitch in Texas...he’s going to be blazing against us....

I mean, he was lousy in Texas, which means that the stage is set for him to throw a No-Hitter.

Nailed it as always.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:44 PM, section18 said:

They made my day. I am a  Herrera fan and felt he should have been on the opening day roster. Much better than Velasquez.who can't hit.

You know ..l I tend to agree here. Herrera has hit in all of his stints in the minor. He’s gotten 2 @ 30 game stints early and 100 ABs in 2018 over 57 games. So he obviously wasn’t playing regularly.