Orioles Play Two Vs. Yankees 9/4

weams

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I know Tony, but folks somehow managed to convince themselves that since he couldn't stick at Short he was a lumbering oaf.

Yeah, that's kinda why I said that. I've always said he was a good athlete, but even I've been a little surprised by his sprint speed. No surprise at all by his plate coverage and ability to hit so far though. ;)

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, that's kinda why I said that. I've always said he was a good athlete, but even I've been a little surprised by his sprint speed. No surprise at all by his plate coverage and ability to hit so far though. ;)

He can hit pitches in very tough locations.   

But how does he go from 45/40 speed to what we’re seeing?

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Frobby was showing today that his statcast sprint speed is higher than his scouting reports indicated.  Which is a peculiar development.

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Oriole gave away AT LEAST 2 runs (possibly 3) when Nunez made the error which set the tone for the Yankees' big 3rd inning.

Then in extra innings, the Yankees had a runner on 3rd base with nobody out ...... and we held them without a run !!! I thought for sure that that had broken the Yankees, and would certainly be plenty enough for the Orioles to push home a runner from 2nd base with nobody out ...... but we screwed that up, too.

The Orioles totally suck ...... and coming from me of all people (eternally optimistic, celebrating every win with vigor even if the Orioles are 50 games out of 1st place), that's saying a lot.

o

o

Those are my boys !!!

I never lost faith in them !!!

Coming through in the clutch, as usual !!!

o

• Upvote 1

o

JORGE LOPEZ

Lopez threw 5 innings, with 0 earned runs ...... but the defense gave the Yankees 3 runs, anyway.

His strikes-to-balls ratio was awful )(44 )Strikes, )44 )Balls), )but if the guy manages to get the other team to hit the ball at the fielders, you need to make the outs count.

Lopez did throw one wild pitch, and hit one Yankee batter with a pitch.

o

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Willy Hayes' problem was trying to swing for homers. Mullins didn't execute, but at least he was trying to put it on the ground. 

o

Yeah, I know. 

It was a rare failed bunt for Mullins, who has otherwise been one of the best bunters in baseball so far this season.

It was a joke, in that there was a similarity between the two on that one play.

o