Claimed: Pitcher Carson Fulmer

wildcard

49 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

The O's continue their quest to acquire every first rounder from the 2015 draft.

They now have 6 of the 42 first rounders (Tate, Fulmer, Richie Martin, DJ Stewart, Mountcastle, and Tyler Nevin).

They also have Eshelman who was the 46th player selected in that draft.

Didn't the O's give up their first round draft pick in 2015 for signing Gallardo?  ?

Just now, wildcard said:

Maybe not claimed an turnaround but Elias pitching team has improved a lot of pitchers including Means, Armstrong, Castro, Harvey, Lakins, Tate, Lopez, Fry, and Scott.

I think a case can be made for each of those names that no definitive improvement has taken place.  One of the names you listed has an ERA (and FIP) over 8 this season.

We have not seen the type of turnaround with pitchers that the Astros had.  Not even close.

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think a case can be made for each of those names that no definitive improvement has taken place.  One of the names you listed has an ERA (and FIP) over 8 this season.

We have not seen the type of turnaround with pitchers that the Astros had.  Not even close.

They have only just begun.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

The tigers and pirates also thought he was worth having and dumped him. I have little hope for him, but as has been pointed out, he can’t be worse than Phillips, so why not.

I think they begin with him the mop up guy when they are way ahead or way behind than work on him over the winter.