9-19 vs Tampa

weams

Just now, CallMeBrooksie said:

eh, it's not as simple as just the parts you bolded. Someone on the O's probably sees it as careless on Morton's part given that he hits guys fairly often and hit another batter in this game.

I'm not saying I agree with it, though. Especially in that spot.

It's exactly as simple as the parts I bolded.

If someone accidentally hits a batter you don't intentionally hit someone in "retaliation".  Why would you retaliate for an accident?  If I make a mistake and step on your foot do you retaliate?  Not if your an adult.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If someone accidentally hits a batter you don't intentionally hit someone in "retaliation".  Why would you retaliate for an accident?  If I make a mistake and step on your foot do you retaliate?  Not if your an adult.

It's like your didn't bother to read either of my posts. I gave you the answer. Things aren't as black and white as you want them to be.

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sometimes there is the "accidentally on purpose" brushback pitch that turns into a HBP. My kids accidentally do stupid stuff all the time and they get consequences because they should no better. That said, I did not see the play in question so I have no idea if that is the case here. 

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did you smudge my Adidas?

Where is sc0tt tonight:

35 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Jays have lost 6 games in 5 days.  If we could have picked up a win or two vs Tampa we would have had a legitimate shot, at least of maybe still being within sweep distance when we go to Buffalo Friday.

The offense is what will keep us from being in playoffs not the pitching. 1 run or less in 8 of last 11.  It probably just coincidence but soon as Santander went out the offense fell apart.  Severino Nunez and Alberto have fallen off cliff.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Philip said:

Yes he does...but as long as he hits, you and I are the only ones who will care.

The day he was drafted, I said on here, "Great, another DH." And since that's all he can do, he's going to have to hit really well to keep a job/ And I don't know that he has such a great stick that  he can be a DH-only MLBer.