Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

27 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Ritalinic acid sounds like ADHD meds like CD etal take when approved as TUE right?

Description

Ritalinic acid is an inactive, major metabolite of methylphenidate (Item No. 11639), a schedule II drug in the United States commonly used as a psychostimulant for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, also known as ADHD.1 Ritalinic acid is reported to reach plasma concentrations of 1-2 orders of magnitude greater than that of the parent drug and has been monitored in urine to ensure compliance with treatment programs.2 This product is intended for forensic and biological research purposes.

Parker Bridwell is a Yankee now.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7068/parker-bridwell

Yankees claimed RHP Parker Bridwell off waivers from the Angels.
Bridwell was designated for assignment by the Angels last week. The 27-year-old missed a bunch of time this past season with an elbow issue, but he enjoyed some success at the major league level in 2017 and will provide the Yankees will some useful depth. Nov 26 - 3:16 PM

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 4:05 PM, backwardsk said:

Rick Kranitz to the Braves.  Joins the list of McDowell and Leo Mazzone to serve as PC for both the Orioles and Braves.  (I think Kranitz held the title of pitching coach)

Interested to see how Gausman does with Kranitz...who was Jake Arrieta’s pitching coach his rookie season with the Orioles. 

11 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Interested to see how Gausman does with Kranitz...who was Jake Arrieta’s pitching coach his rookie season with the Orioles. 

Do you draw any inference from that?   The lowest ERA Arrieta had with the Orioles was the half-season under Kranitz as a rookie.   I don’t see Gausman and Arrieta as particularly similar.   

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Do you draw any inference from that?   The lowest ERA Arrieta had with the Orioles was the half-season under Kranitz as a rookie.   I don’t see Gausman and Arrieta as particularly similar.   

And, of course, Kranitz was reunited this season with Jake in Philly...I think it is more relationship and confidence building that I get a sense that Kranitz had with Jake although it is hard to know...and that translates less well with veterans perhaps. 

Just read Manny visiting White Sox today, and wonder if Yonder is there.  I feel sure the White Sox taking on Alonso's ~$8M is a sweetener hoping to get the $300M they want Manny to take.

If it works, Manny could have another year of maybe rocking the boat for a marginal incumbent SS named Tim.

Standard disclaimer that as always with Manny, his team would be better off if he would focus on trying to unseat Mike Schmidt, or whoever you've got for best 3B ever.

I heard an interesting Gausman bit.  The Statcast podcast guys were reviewing the Angels Harvey signing and mentioned he had lost a couple hundred RPMs of fastball spin over the last few years, the second biggest drop of everyone they had info for.  They just kind of mentioned in passing that Gausman was first.

I'm not sure if Gausman's been trying to be more 2-seam grounders, but I never thought of that as his forte when he was a hot prospect.  The news gives me some extra comfort he isn't about to have a Cy Young blow up in the NL.