Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think I have about $30 in my house, not counting the jar of foreign money I didn't get around to spending on trips, and the Eagle Scout plaque that has a 50-cent piece for each merit badge. 

I have a former co-worker who seemed astonished that everyone didn't have $75 grand in their mattress.  What are you going to do when society crumbles and credit cards and ATMs don't work anymore, and the internet has evaporated? 

I don't keep cash on me and my credit/debit cards in my socks unless I know I have to go buy something. What are you gonna do with my AAA card, Drivers liscense and insurance card? 

5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think I have about $30 in my house, not counting the jar of foreign money I didn't get around to spending on trips, and the Eagle Scout plaque that has a 50-cent piece for each merit badge. 

I have a former co-worker who seemed astonished that everyone didn't have $75 grand in their mattress.  What are you going to do when society crumbles and credit cards and ATMs don't work anymore, and the internet has evaporated? 

The response to that is: what is your cash going to be worth? (This is rhetorical)

6 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

The response to that is: what is your cash going to be worth? (This is rhetorical)

Yes, that was pretty much the response.  If society and government has collapsed and we're living in anarchy, what good is some paper that the now-defunct government backed and gave value to?  This same individual also has a prodigious arsenal and hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo, presumably to protect himself from the marauding invaders looking to steal his $75k when it all goes down.

Whatever.  I've read The Stand.  It'll all work out.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Yes, that was pretty much the response.  If society and government has collapsed and we're living in anarchy, what good is some paper that the now-defunct government backed and gave value to?  This same individual also has a prodigious arsenal and hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo, presumably to protect himself from the marauding invaders looking to steal his $75k when it all goes down.

Whatever.  I've read The Stand.  It'll all work out.

That’s why you have a bunch of gold buried on your property. Duh. Everyone will trade things for gold when the apocalypse is coming. 

Annnnddddd back to the subject at hand....

Stefan Crichton is in AAA for AZ. For the life of me though, I never understood what people in the organization, including some people I really respect saw in him. He's a dime a dozen minor league AAA reliever at best.