Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

On 7/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, webbrick2010 said:

Within a couple points of OPS he posted in 2019

Hasn't gotten hot with the bat since 2018

You do realize that Manny had a .950 OPS and was 3rd in the MVP voting last year, right?   Whether Manny’s contract will turn out to be worth it won’t be decided until we see how he holds up in the back half of the deal, but for now he’s doing just fine.   

On 4/2/2021 at 8:28 PM, OrioleDog said:

Sunday night at 8 MLB Network's The Sounds of Baseball has a new episode featuring Jon Miller.

Thanks Dog, I recorded this when you posted it here, and it sat around on my DVR until this afternoon.   Just watched it.  Very enjoyable.   But it makes me angry too, just reminds me of how good Jon was at what he does and how we have been deprived of a quarter century of being able to listen to him.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:12 AM, SteveA said:

The Marlins sent a minor league pitcher and cash considerations to Tampa for David Hess, who had been in the minors for TB.

And the Marlins immediately promoted Hess to the majors.

And Hess gets the win over the big bad Dodgers! (While also picking up a blown save.)

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Manny Machado is 29 years old today.  Seems like yesterday he was debuting in the majors for us at age 20.

He's been on fire ever since that poster said he was overrated.