Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I happened across Ken Rosenthal doing a dugout pregame interview with Trea Turner before a national telecast this past weekend, and Rosenthal gave him a bullpen question.     Trea gave a fairly open answer about how "they" invent pitches for guys, he's doing a great job, etc.

Trea having a good year but I feel on deck for the Manny Machado "you aren't good enough for us" experience, and Boras' Minnesota pillow is aimed in part at aligning Correa with Dodgers SS opening.

Probably fair to say The Case of Evan Phillips and the Los Angeles Dodgers is anecdotally at the heart of my current feeling that when generic AAAA (or worse) pitchers have their 15 minutes of fame, the Club's R&D people have a fair bit to do with it.

I sure do hope Theo gets his 11 pitcher roster limits for Peak Grayson Rodriguez.    

On 7/2/2022 at 11:53 AM, CharmCityHokie said:

Not sure if this counts, but Tobias Myers was DFA'd by Cleveland. He was the minor league pitcher we traded to Tampa for Tim Beckham. I wonder if Elias will pluck him off waivers. He' only 23 and has options and had pretty good numbers up until his run in AAA this season. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/07/guardians-announce-series-of-roster-moves.html

Myers is a Giant now:  Giants Acquire Tobias Myers From Guardians - MLB Trade Rumors

• Upvote 1

Busy weekend for Tanner Scott.  Friday night he got the save in a 5-2 Marlin win at Citi Field.

Yesterday he came on to protect a lead in the bottom of the 10th and lost it (both runs unearned, however).  He took the loss.

Today, Mattingly brought him out for the 3rd straight game to protect a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the 10th, and he had a clean inning for the save.   Richard Bleier was the winning pitcher.

48 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Busy weekend for Tanner Scott.  Friday night he got the save in a 5-2 Marlin win at Citi Field.

Yesterday he came on to protect a lead in the bottom of the 10th and lost it (both runs unearned, however).  He took the loss.

Today, Mattingly brought him out for the 3rd straight game to protect a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the 10th, and he had a clean inning for the save.   Richard Bleier was the winning pitcher.

And apparently Tommy Hunter is pitching for the Mets now? Didn't realize he was still around.