Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

On 8/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, justD said:

Rylan Bannon? Holy Sh&t. I mean, he's been with us for like forever. I just saw him play for the Tides Sunday, I thought. 

Dodgers originally drafted him. 

Kinda stunned, though I know it makes perfect sense to have weeded him out to make room for all the new guys from drafts and trades. But wow. 

Rylan Bannon just got claimed by the Braves and optioned to AAA. Didn't play in a big league game for the LAD before being DFA'd.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I would not say it was a rough draft at all, at 35 rWAR and counting.  That’s a very healthy total.  But like a lot of others, most of the value was received by other teams who acquired these players from us.  

You are absolutely correct, I should have phrased it better. I was thinking more along the lines of what production the Orioles as a team got out of it. I guess you have to factor in the cumulative half-a-win or so that Bud Norris brought (and one well pitched post-season game) and whatever Bruce Zimmermann turns out to be, but in terms of Orioles value, there's not much to show for 2012, but the draft and trades and DFAs are always gambles. 

Edited by CharmCityHokie

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Paul Fry DFA'd by the Diamondbacks.

He pitched 1 inning for Arizona after we traded him there in May.  He had 18 innings at AAA for them with a 6.00 ERA, 1.550 WHIP.

Fry is a player whose career fell off a cliff right around the same time as the MLB sticky substance ban. Maybe it's just coincidental, but it makes you wonder. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

No?  I see them checking the pitchers after every inning.  

I posted a report about it recently.  The gist of it is spin rates are back up and guys are back to going to spots on the mound.

When is the last time they caught someone?

It's pretty much a non-factor.

Jorge now with 3.86 ERA over 7  appearances with 2 saves and 2 blown saves 

Twins' Jorge Lopez: Notches 22nd save on double play

By RotoWire Staff
Aug 20, 2022 at 4:45 am ET1 min read
MIN.svg

Lopez gave up two walks and struck out one batter in a scoreless ninth inning to earn the save in a 2-1 win over the Rangers on Friday.

Lopez put two men on board in a one-run game but managed to escape the inning to notch his 22nd save of the season with some help from his defense. Brad Miller scorched a 103.8 mph line drive to right field that was caught for the second out of the inning. Right fielder Max Kepler then threw to second base to double off pinch runner Charlie Culberson who misread the play. Lopez now has three saves and two blown saves since coming over to the Twins at the beginning of August and has a 3.86 ERA in seven appearanc stretch.

Edited by tntoriole
  • Upvote 1