Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm sure he's a nice guy and I wish him well.   Probably the worst stuff of any Baltimore Orioles pitcher I've ever seen and that's saying a lot.  Cheers to him for just getting to the majors with no fastball, and hardly anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, interloper said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/01/giants-designate-austin-wynns-for-assignment.html

Wynns DFA'd. 

Honestly, he had a pretty nice year as a backup in 2022. I would taken this production over Chirinos all day: .259/.313/.358/.671. 90 OPS+, highest of his career. 0.4 WAR, highest since his rookie year. 

I’m shocked. He outplayed Bart and worked really well with Rodon and Webb, along with the bullpen.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m pretty surprised.  Some other team will claim him, I expect.  

I'll be pretty surprised if SF rides into Opening Day with only Joey Bart and a Rule 5 'catcher' (who most consider more of a poor defensive corner outfielder) as their battery. Bart hasn't show much in the Majors and Blake Sabol by all accounts can't catch (and as a Rule 5 pick from Pittsburgh...if Pitt can't fit you on the roster that's saying something). For a team who has declared they have every intention to contend, it'd be a weird move. 

That being said, I don't really know what else is out there left on the catching front that is much better than Wynns. 

41 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I'll be pretty surprised if SF rides into Opening Day with only Joey Bart and a Rule 5 'catcher' (who most consider more of a poor defensive corner outfielder) as their battery. Bart hasn't show much in the Majors and Blake Sabol by all accounts can't catch (and as a Rule 5 pick from Pittsburgh...if Pitt can't fit you on the roster that's saying something). For a team who has declared they have every intention to contend, it'd be a weird move. 

That being said, I don't really know what else is out there left on the catching front that is much better than Wynns. 

They did sign Brett Cumberland to a MiL deal, but I don’t see him as a very good option.  

• Upvote 1