Place the O's minor league infielders

wildcard

Let's say the O's have 5 minor league teams next season.  AAA, AA, A+, A  all full season teams and short season Rookie League.

Place these O's infielders that are listed in the O's 30 prospects and tell what position they will play.

#6 Gunnar Henderson

#7 Jordan Westburg

#13 Terrin Vavra

#16 Adam Hall

#20 Anthony Servideo

#24 Coby Mayo

#25 Rylan Bannon

#30 Cadyn Grenier

2019 4th rounder  Joey Ortiz

Darell  Hernaiz

Mason McCoy

Richie Martin

Erison Placencia

Good Luck!

• Upvote 1

Gunnar Henderson: A+ SS

Jordan Westburg: A 3B/SS

Terrin Vavra: A+ 2B

Adam Hall: AA SS

Anthony Servideo: A SS/2B

Coby Mayo: Rookie 3B

Rylan Bannon: AAA 3B/2B

Cadyn Greiner: AA 2B

Joey Ortiz: A SS

McCoy and Martin can share SS/2B at AAA

Bit of a log jam, but I think this mostly avoids issues

• Upvote 2

Grenier and Ortiz aren’t considerations right now imo. 

To me, you have to first place Henderson.  Based off of what they have said, they need to start him at SS and I would say he starts at A ball but they say he held his own in the Bowie camp, so do you just start him at Bowie and be aggressive with him?

What do you do with Servideo and Westburg.  Servideo seems destined to stay at SS and I would guess they leave Westburg there for now but how will that work ?  I think those 3 determine what else you do.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Let's say the O's have 5 minor league teams next season.  AAA, AA, A+, A  all full season teams and short season Rookie League.

Place these O's infielders that are listed in the O's 30 prospects and tell what position they will play.

#6 Gunnar Henderson

#7 Jordan Westburg

#13 Terrin Vavra

#16 Adam Hall

#20 Anthony Servideo

#24 Coby Mayo

#25 Rylan Bannon

#30 Cadyn Grenier

2019 4th rounder  Joey Ortiz

Mason McCoy

Richie Martin

Good Luck!

Aren’t we going to lose Frederick?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

If they eliminate Frederick, will there be A and A+ leagues to use? 

43 minutes ago, Philip said:

Aren’t we going to lose Frederick?

Whatever you call them won't there be four levels of full season ball, Aberdeen, Delmarva, Bowie, and Norfolk?  I always thought High A and Low A was needlessly odd, so they could always go back to the old A, B, C, D.  Or AAA, AA, A and B.

Henderson will be the one slow played. He will be 20 next year. He starts at Delmarva. 

It’s going to take some time for things to settle out with smaller drafts and fewer teams. I can see them splitting time with many of these players 50/50. Obviously can play at 2nd/3B as well. Age/ Rule 5 requirements will impact some of these decisions. Someone like Grenier could go to AAA as crazy as it may sound. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Henderson will be the one slow played. He will be 20 next year. He starts at Delmarva. 

It’s going to take some time for things to settle out with smaller drafts and fewer teams. I can see them splitting time with many of these players 50/50. Obviously can play at 2nd/3B as well. Age/ Rule 5 requirements will impact some of these decisions. Someone like Grenier could go to AAA as crazy as it may sound. 

It will be disappointing if they brought Henderson to Bowie at his age only to send him to Delmarva next year.

• Upvote 3

I haven't really expanded the 2021 Bowie magnet theory beyond Adley/Grayson/Hall's institutional knowledge of the apartments, grocery stores, etc, but sure let's make Gunnar and Vavra the Trammell and Whitaker of the 2021 Baysox too.

I'm ready to project those Gunnar holding his own whispers this summer into an August 2022 callup Machado style for Adley Run 1 of 7.  Henderson's initial assignment will be a puzzle if the High-A environment as we knew it doesn't exist next year.

I really do think Henderson and Westburg are the keys here.

There is question for both if they will ultimately stay at SS.  

If we look at this as Aberdeen (new Delmarva) and Delmarva (new Frederick) than I would say Hernaiz should be at Aberdeen.  I would probably say Westburg should be at Delmarva and Henderson at Bowie.  The question is, what do you then do with Servideo?  Do you just say screw it and start him at AAA because you know he has the glove?

I would guess Hall will move to second base.  Of course you have him and Vavra on a similar path as well.  

The bottom line is that they are going to have to be aggressive with some of these guys and see if they sink or swim.

• Upvote 1