Carter Baumler undergoes Tommy John surgery

86this

24 minutes ago, 86this said:

Probably a good reason Mike Elias hasn't used high picks on pitchers.  A "Brady Aiken" phobia.

But is that good logic?   You NEED good pitchers.  If a certain percentage are going to lose the injury lottery, shouldn't you pick MORE so that you will have a better chance of getting some that don't get hurt?

Kind of a cost of doing business type thing.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

But is that good logic?   You NEED good pitchers.  If a certain percentage are going to lose the injury lottery, shouldn't you pick MORE so that you will have a better chance of getting some that don't get hurt?

Kind of a cost of doing business type thing.

Yes, a team never has enough pitching.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Well damn, that was quick.

Tony, time to re-do those rankings!  Lol

Guess it’s good that he’s getting it out of the way now though.

What is the average life of a replacement ligament?  Is it still six years? 

I'd rather he be closer to the majors before he needed it.

Damn, just heard he was touching 95 early in the camp. Tough break for the young man and of course the Orioles. the only good news is it happened now and not at the beginning of next year which could realistically mean he could be ready by regular season 2022. 

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

At this point, we don’t even know that there will be much of a MiL season next year anyway.

I would say that's crazy, but after this year, I'd say nothing is out of the question. 

The only thing they have going for them is they have a successful major league season under their belt with no deaths and limited interruptions (not surprisingly). Even if they don't want to have a season at all the stadiums and all the travel, they should be able to have a Florida and Arizona camp leagues like they should of had this year.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I would say that's crazy, but after this year, I'd say nothing is out of the question. 

The only thing they have going for them is they have a successful major league season under their belt with no deaths and limited interruptions (not surprisingly). Even if they don't want to have a season at all the stadiums and all the travel, they should be able to have a Florida and Arizona camp leagues like they should of had this year.

I agree..just saying, who the hell knows.