Who's the number seven prospect?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the number seven prospect?

• Zach Britton
    • Brandon Erbe
    • Tyler Henson
    • LJ Hoes
    • Nolan Reimold

I am scared at what Erbe is going to be. I see him being the guy that drops. However, I do not understand it. On 2006's list he was #2 and a top of the rotation starter. I coudn't find last year's list, can someone help me out? And after improving a lot, his BB rate is down a considerable amount, I don't see how he could drop that much. I'm looking forward to Tony's analysis and his reasoning.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be interesting to see where BA ranks the O's system since they use the feedback from scouts to determine their organization lists.

I'm not questioning your picks...I'm just trying to rationalize some things. If you see Erbe as only a reliever then he should be outside the top 10, but since he's young and still has the potential to be a middle of the rotation starter, he deserves to be a top prospect.

I have no problems with you questioning my picks, that's what's this is here for. All I was doing was explaining my methods and what I use and don't use. You are free along with other nameless people to disagree or say I'm bad mouthing you or whatever. Honestly, I'm trying to put a ton of effort into this thing so people can really get understanding, but apparently it's not getting through to some (not you).

Honestly, I think I'm just going to let you all discuss things for awhile...

No kidding? I can see one person that has found their way into my "don't care, don't respond list." :rolleyestf:

People like that are the ones that make me less likely to respond. Sometimes I wonder why I should take so much time to explain myself when there are people out there who already have the answers. :rolleyes:

You don't want to be on that list!!;):o:laughlol:

It's very possible that Hoes, Britton, and Henson could be the O's 7th best prospect next year, but I think Erbe and Reimold should be the current 7/8 prospects.

I agree with you, but something tells me it isn't coming out that way.

I agree with you, but something tells me it isn't coming out that way.

If that's case, it will be Hoes. IMO it's too early to really have a feel if Hoes is going to be better or have a higher ceiling than Erbe especially since Hoes still doesn't have a set position. I'm still not sure if he'll be at 2B by the time he gets to Frederick, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since his bat will probably play anywhere.

Erbe was #5 on the top 30 last year (Reimold was 4th) and has already demonstrated that he can pitch well. FWIW I don't see Erbe as a reliever, but if he was turned into a reliever he can be a successful closer, which should warrant being a top 10 prospect in our system.

Britton was 10th and Henson was 11th...both ahead of Arrieta, Hernandez, and Bergesen. Are Britton and Henson still ahead of Hernandez and Bergesen? I'd assume no, but if Tony views them as relievers than you might have to place the 2 young guys ahead of the established AA pitchers.

I picked Hoes at #7 on my personal Top 30 list, so for internal consistency I had to vote for him here.

But if I had to bet money, I'd put it on Reimold, since Tony's comments on Snyder suggested that he ranks Snyder just a shade above Reimold at this point, while Tony has also indicated that he thinks there's a wide gulf between Arietta and any of the O's other pitching prospects.

Archived