Rule 5: Orioles Select Mac Sceroler, RHP (Reds) Nephew of Ben McDonald

weams

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I am proud of myself that I correctly said they would probably take somebody who is not on any radar, but I’m disappointed that they didn’t choose an infielder when we really need a couple of those. I’m going to be annoyed if I have to watch Ruiz at 3B and Valaika at 2B all season.

Oh you won't.  Don't worry.  The issue is you may be held to this when in July you say "Why couldn't we try Ruiz and Valaika at 3rd and 2nd.  They can't be worse...can they?"?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

High K ... Low walk ...But Yeah .. I dont know how this guys sticks

High K low walk pitching at an age and level that is equivalent to me playing in my sons tee ball league.

Hes a nothing prospect.  There are dozens of guys just like him readily available at the drop of a hat.

29 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Did Sceroler pitch or train anywhere in 2020 where Elias could've heard some positive news? Or maybe the analytics are positive on how his stuff will play in relief since most of the stats are as him as a starter.

He's Ben McDonald nephew.   Ben probably is the information source.  For all we know Ben's has been his personal coach.

• Upvote 1