Is it bothersome to you that? 2022 AL wildcard edition

Just Regular

Is it bothersome to you that...

...the 2022 Tigers have used "some money" to get Robbie Grossman on that team?

I'll grant for 2022 the Yankees and Rays strong first and second favorites, but boy am I pulling for DJ LeMahieu to get his 5 x 25 for Years 3/4/5.   Even 4 x 20 because they are definitely a better 2022 SS spot if they don't marry LeMahieu now.   They still could be, but unseating Urshela/Voit not the same as unseating Tyler Wade or whatever MI bandaid they patch with if LeMahieu leaves.

I don't want to jump the gun on Odorizzi Red Sox 3/40, but there I think I'm more worried two years out about that old Aussie guy from the 2019 Eastern League.   The Blue Jays are flirting with confederate money territory - fingers crossed Liam Hendriks and not George Springer will be a big taker.

I think I think the 6th best record in the 2022 AL has a better chance of qualifying for a postseason berth than not.   It'll hurt some if Top Two in each division is that plan.

Assuming the noise about camps opening on time for MLB/AAA guys (interesting AA/AAA calls for us there!) plays out, there's about 75 Fangraphs crowdsourced free agents and notable non-tenders, and about 37.5 days to go.   The 12th day of Christmas was yesterday.   Lights, camera....

This comment was very confusing, so much so that I was mentally translating it into German as I was reading it, and boy that was fun. Sometimes, a dip into masochism is a good thing.

I’m gonna read it again and see if I can get it the second time.

Edit: BTW, I mean no disrespect.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

This comment was very confusing, so much so that I was mentally translating it into German as I was reading it, and boy that was fun. Sometimes, a dip into masochism is a good thing.

I’m gonna read it again and see if I can get it the second time.

Lol...yea I’m not quite sure what the OP is asking although I’m sure it’s based around the idea that the Os are potentially shooting for a WC spot in 2022?

• Upvote 1

Ummm.....did I double my dose of painkillers today?  

12 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Is it bothersome to you that...

...the 2022 Tigers have used "some money" to get Robbie Grossman on that team?

I'll grant for 2022 the Yankees and Rays strong first and second favorites, but boy am I pulling for DJ LeMahieu to get his 5 x 25 for Years 3/4/5.   Even 4 x 20 because they are definitely a better 2022 SS spot if they don't marry LeMahieu now.   They still could be, but unseating Urshela/Voit not the same as unseating Tyler Wade or whatever MI bandaid they patch with if LeMahieu leaves.

I don't want to jump the gun on Odorizzi Red Sox 3/40, but there I think I'm more worried two years out about that old Aussie guy from the 2019 Eastern League.   The Blue Jays are flirting with confederate money territory - fingers crossed Liam Hendriks and not George Springer will be a big taker.

I think I think the 6th best record in the 2022 AL has a better chance of qualifying for a postseason berth than not.   It'll hurt some if Top Two in each division is that plan.

Assuming the noise about camps opening on time for MLB/AAA guys (interesting AA/AAA calls for us there!) plays out, there's about 75 Fangraphs crowdsourced free agents and notable non-tenders, and about 37.5 days to go.   The 12th day of Christmas was yesterday.   Lights, camera....

Ummm....did I accidentally double my dose of pain meds today?  Not trying to put you down, but I’ve read this about 10 times and can’t figure it out.  Lots of love OrioleDog, just can’t decipher....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WarehouseChatter said:

Ummm....did I accidentally double my dose of pain meds today?  Not trying to put you down, but I’ve read this about 10 times and can’t figure it out.  Lots of love OrioleDog, just can’t decipher....

You would probably prefer some earlier work.

The popular Star Chef Sue Zemanick was born in New Orleans of Los Angeles who is a popular chef and her interest in cooking is very passionate and addictive into her profession. Sue father himself was a chef and his mother was working in a local restaurant as a waitress this made her to obtain her career within the restaurant that made her successful achievement in her career. Sue is the eldest out of the siblings of her parents and he took all the responsibility of the 5 children of her parents. Sue spent his early childhood with his grandmother since his parents got separated in his early times.

Sue during the very early time used to work with her mother helping in her working. Since, her parents were in the line of poverty therefore she could not obtain her early level education during the very time. Later when she planned to joined her college days she generated her interest into the cooking.  

Sue has not disclosed any of the information about her personal life and Sue has a very low profile maintained in her personal account. Even sue has not been seen into Instagram and Facebook yet though they are the popular sites which are reflecting the celebrity. Sue has not disclosed about her affair stories though there were few of her fans approaching her to become the affair. There is no any divorce data of Sue and also no any absolute information whether she is married or not because there is not stated about her spouse in anywhere and also in the interview. Sue is a good traveler and she has a long list of travelling. Sue seems sexy and attractive with her height and her weight compared to last year images seems more balanced and active. 

12 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

You would probably prefer some earlier work.

Is this thread turning into an @Gurgi thread?  Is everyone on sleeping pills and Klonopin?  Not sure what this last post as to do with anything?

I think @OrioleDog is trying to make a point about our chances of a Wildcard berth in 2022 based on what some other teams are doing....I think.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, murph said:

Is this thread turning into an @Gurgi thread?  Is everyone on sleeping pills and Klonopin?  Not sure what this last post as to do with anything?

I think @OrioleDog is trying to make a point about our chances of a Wildcard berth in 2022 based on what some other teams are doing....I think.

So how long have you been a code breaker?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, murph said:

Ding, ding, ding.

Some here are fed up with the losing on purpose - I'm curious as actual transactions begin happening at an expected rate of maybe 3 per day the next few weeks if folks would consider the Orioles not hopping on the Robbie Grossmans of the world (pitchers or infield equivalents):

A. wise or at least understandable strategic moves

B. inaccuracies

C. blunders

I'm good with 2021 as our last development year, so don't care right wrong or indifferent about any 1-year contracts now, but am interested in how what I see as our 2022 wildcard competition buys 2022 players in this depressed market.   I don't care about Grossman but there are players a little better where if they sell their 2022's cheap to "not us", I would find that...bothersome.

• Upvote 1