Britt Ghiroli harassed by Os player in 2012

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Not surprising to see Britton come out and say this.  Seemed to be a very respectful Person.  Wouldn’t be surprised to hear Nick and Jones say something too.

I was expecting a much worse story than what she explained. I can see how a player might get confused by her being nice to them. She has many other stories the further down you read, including a coach of another team asking for her room number. 

• Upvote 2

On Twitter several posters said (paraphrasing)....oh come on, he was just saying he likes you and thought you liked him.  What an awful take.  

Lie and tell her you have a trade scoop, get her to your room, immediately make an advance.   And some people think that’s the way it should work?   My daughter is an inspiring writer.    Still in college, not sure yet what path she will take.   But stories like this make me cringe thinking of her possibly dealing with male athletes  (not all or hopefully not most, but still).  And that’s a real shame   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Zach Britton letting the world know it wasn't him.

4 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

She made reference to it last year, if I recall, but not to this level of detail.

I've seen her write this story before, IIRC she told it last year.  Maybe on twitter or something.  But I remembered the details, enough to know what it was before clicking on it.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Zach Britton letting the world know it wasn't him.

I've seen her write this story before, IIRC she told it last year.  Maybe on twitter or something.  But I remembered the details, enough to know what it was before clicking on it.

I thought it was for the Athletic to tell you the truth.

8 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Say what? A female colleague is nice to you and you invite her to your hotel room? 

Anyway, I'm gonna guess Troy Patton.

Good guess. I'll take Strop. Thought long and hard about going Joe Saunders, though. 

8 hours ago, joelala said:

Was Aubrey Huff still on the team in 2012?

No