Updates on young OFers

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t quite understand why you follow the team.

At this point, habit.  It's certainly not to figure out make believe trades.

But fine, SG, let's talk it out.  Hays can't stay healthy, Mullins can't hit, Diaz doesn't have a lot of power and DJ Stewart is a mess in the outfield but at least has some decent OBP skills.  If you can explain to me why I should reverse my stance, I'm happy to hear you out.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

But fine, SG, let's talk it out.  Hays can't stay healthy, Mullins can't hit, Diaz doesn't have a lot of power and DJ Stewart is a mess in the outfield but at least has some decent OBP skills.  If you can explain to me why I should reverse my stance, I'm happy to hear you out.

No sense in trying to get you to see things you don’t want to see.  If you want to be miserable and always look at the bad side of things, have at it.  

I just don’t know why you waste your time with that outlook.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

No sense in trying to get you to see things you don’t want to see.  If you want to be miserable and always look at the bad side of things, have at it.  

I just don’t know why you waste your time with that outlook.

Not a lot of reasons to not be miserable as an Orioles fan over the past 30 years. 

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with you; certainly I think Stewart is useless, but putting a more positive light on things, Stewart has a good eye, Mullins offers great D, Power isn’t everything, assuming Hays won’t stay healthy is only an assumption, and Diaz hasn’t even taken the field as a major leaguer.

If healthy, Hays is a fine CF, Mullins remains a fine 4 OF, Stewart shouldn’t be in the OF anyway, and Diaz will get every chance to show his stuff.

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Our OF was quite good last year.  4th best in the AL in Wins Above Average, 3rd best by OPS.   And it’s one of the youngest outfields in the majors.   So I’m happy with it.   

• Upvote 4

I think with the way Hays plays the game (all out) DL time is inevitable with him, but hoping he can average 130-140 games for a few years and hover around and .800 OPS.  I am excited to see him start the year in CF and hope he makes it through the first couple of months unscathed.  I do hope they get Diaz up soon next year, see what we have, if anything.   Not much of any expectation for any of the others until we get Kjerstad up here (hopefully there is a full Milb season and he tears it up and rises quickly).