Orioles announce NRI’s and “Reserves”

Legend_Of_Joey

19 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Notable absences of top pitching prospects = projected mid-minors starts, and calendar for ramping up arms for May Opening Days part of it.

Kjerstad late report date as he is doing well but recovery ongoing.

Sounds like AAA guys may be biding time at alternate site in April until league ready for Minor League Opening Day.

Twin Lakes will be used in parallel with Ed Smith, but just for social distancing - no minor/major camp split.

On Gunnar and others unlikely to make AAA, keen to have them see live pitching - straight said more of a concern for hitters than pitchers.

Smith and Bradish, absent from list, on AA/AAA fence, and cited as guys whose starting assignment may flex based on how MLB camp shakes out.

Spring exhibitions of skill more meaningful than usual this year with the long layoff.

You left out the 50 ahhms and 45 umms.  ?

22 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

So like I thought, there was more to the story then he just missed the camps to focus on his degree. He was able to work on his degree because he could not play.

Saying that, it sounds like he's recovering well but hearing he's still has a "lengthy" recovery makes me a little concerned about his season this year. 

Hopefully we see him playing a bit this spring and all is well for him to make his debut when Single-A/AA seasons start up.

21 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Notable absences of top pitching prospects = projected mid-minors starts, and calendar for ramping up arms for May Opening Days part of it.

Kjerstad late report date as he is doing well but recovery ongoing.

Sounds like AAA guys may be biding time at alternate site in April until league ready for Minor League Opening Day.

Twin Lakes will be used in parallel with Ed Smith, but just for social distancing - no minor/major camp split.

On Gunnar and others unlikely to make AAA, keen to have them see live pitching - straight said more of a concern for hitters than pitchers.

Smith and Bradish, absent from list, on AA/AAA fence, and cited as guys whose starting assignment may flex based on how MLB camp shakes out.

Spring exhibitions of skill more meaningful than usual this year with the long layoff.

Good recap and assessment.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

So like I thought, there was more to the story then he just missed the camps to focus on his degree. He was able to work on his degree because he could not play.

Saying that, it sounds like he's recovering well but hearing he's still has a "lengthy" recovery makes me a little concerned about his season this year. 

Hopefully we see him playing a bit this spring and all is well for him to make his debut when Single-A/AA seasons start up.

I wonder if the “lengthy recovery” is more due to the virus and any potential issues it might cause him (after what it did to Eduardo Rodriguez...) so they are keeping him “less active” than usual?

12 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I wonder if the “lengthy recovery” is more due to the virus and any potential issues it might cause him (after what it did to Eduardo Rodriguez...) so they are keeping him “less active” than usual?

Could be, but myocarditis can take a long time to recover from regardless.   It depends how severe the case was.