#14 Prospect - Bobby Bundy

Tony-OH

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stocky well built 18-year old right-hander who could have been a 1st round pick if not for an offseason knee injury gets the nod at #14.

Some would say a slot too late, but we forgive you, Tony.

What a great selection by JJ and signing. A truly top talent purchased at a huge discount due to the injury. Hopefully, JJ will "repeat process" with these type of selections every year.

Sorry, I don't agree with this one at all. Bergesen should be in this spot! So it looks like Bergesen won't make the top 20 as along as "upside" is going to play an important reason why players such as Hoes and Bundy are being rated this high. Avery will probably be next.

Sorry, I don't agree with this one at all. Bergesen should be in this spot! So it looks like Bergesen won't make the top 20 as along as "upside" is going to play an important reason why players such as Hoes and Bundy are being rated this high. Avery will probably be next.
http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1498497&postcount=22
Name			2008 MLB ERA		K/9ip against 'AA' competitionBrad Bergesen					4.38Brian Burres		6.04			7.34Fausto Carmona		5.44			5.96Kenny Rogers		5.70			8.21Zach Duke		4.82			6.31Aaron Laffey		4.23			5.38Jon Garland		4.90			7.40Paul Byrd		4.60			6.91Aaron Cook		3.96			5.38Carlos Silva		6.46			4.97Kyle Kendrick		5.49			5.53Sidney Ponson		5.04			6.64Livan Hernandez		6.05			8.97Greg Reynolds		8.13			6.22

After seeing this post, I really dont think Bergesen will be higher than 18.

After this post, Bergesen probably wouldnt last in the majors.

I like Bundy. Awesome selection by JJ.

I disagree with this but for different reasons.

If you are going to go with potential, upside, age, etc...then Bundy should have been in the top 10 IMO.

But if you weren't going to go with that(btw, this applies to Hoes as well), then the guy who is closer to the majors and has had good success is the way to go..ie Bergesen.

I certainly don't fault the pick and I 100% believe Bundy has more upside than BB but, as I said, I like his upside over most of the pitchers in front of him as well.

This one irritates me. Bundy has barely thrown a professional pitch, and has proven nothing. Bergesen jumped past Frederick into Bowie and was EL Pitcher of the Year. I'm sure Bundy has a lot of upside but I just can't justify putting him over a guy who accomplished so much this year.

Kudos, Tony. A very good pick. I was blown away by Bundy's FB command and his CB has the potential to be a plus-plus 2-planer. Really nothing I don't like about the kid, and no offense at all to Bergesen but I'd take one Bundy over two BBs.

This one irritates me. Bundy has barely thrown a professional pitch, and has proven nothing.

Why would one be irritated when the post above acknowledges nothing - ZERO - about the actual talent of the player in question? Shouldn't that count for something? What if the player in question was Clayton Kershaw or Porcello or Cy Young himself?

Regarding the EL award, JJohnson won the Carolina League award nd we are hoping he might be a decent set-up type. Bergesen is still young and he might pick up a few MPH or sharpen his pitches, but his current stats do not translate into anything more than a back-end of the rotation/bp guy - best case.

Kudos, Tony. A very good pick. I was blown away by Bundy's FB command and his CB has the potential to be a plus-plus 2-planer. Really nothing I don't like about the kid, and no offense at all to Bergesen but I'd take one Bundy over two BBs.

Ditto.

(And I was right again!)

Why would one be irritated when the post above acknowledges nothing - ZERO - about the actual talent of the player in question? Shouldn't that count for something? What if the player in question was Clayton Kershaw or Porcello or Cy Young himself?

Regarding the EL award, JJohnson won the Carolina League award nd we are hoping he might be a decent set-up type. Bergesen is still young and he might pick up a few MPH or sharpen his pitches, but his current stats do not translate into anything more than a back-end of the rotation/bp guy - best case.

So the question is what does Bundy project to? Stotle loves his FB and the plus plus potential of his curve but what about a 3rd pitch? Does he have one and is it a change?

So the question is what does Bundy project to? Stotle loves his FB and the plus plus potential of his curve but what about a 3rd pitch? Does he have one and is it a change?

Changeup thrown in the M70s. Isn't highly developed, primarily because he hasn't needed it. Has the current makings of a legit third ML-offering.

Archived