Hyde press conference

Sports Guy

I just caught a little of the Brandon Hyde press conference from today.

For what I saw, their was a lot of focus on pitching and the stress of the amount of innings in this season compared to 2020.

He said having guys that can throw multiple innings is definitely going to be a need and he didn’t dismiss the idea of a 6 man rotation.  

• Upvote 3

He also mentioned that Means was amped up last year in the beginning of the season and was trying to do things he doesn’t normally do.

I am wondering if he was talking about the uptick in velocity but I also seem to recall that he had the good velocity at the end of the year, when he was pitching well.

Being able to stay in that 93-96 MPH range really raises his ceiling.

• Upvote 1

I’ve said this before, but it is my fervent hope everybody will ignore Davis. Sit him on the bench,  let him be in the team photo, but he’s not gonna play, And nobody’s going to talk about him. If you ask about him you’re going to get a BS answer anyway, and nobody wants him playing anyway, just ignore him.

More demotivation from Orioles Management.  Baseball people know that Winning is not of prime importance this year,  however, one should not spread it for all to hear, over and over.  Some Pros, believe it or not, need a motivation speech, and yes a kick in the butt every so often.  In the hot Summer, when the going gets tough, the team should not play off the attitude that,  oh well, we are doing this  for experience anyway.  This year counts, but it kind of does not count.  Kind of.  

7 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

More demotivation from Orioles Management.  Baseball people know that Winning is not of prime importance this year,  however, one should not spread it for all to hear, over and over.  Some Pros, believe it or not, need a motivation speech, and yes a kick in the butt every so often.  In the hot Summer, when the going gets tough, the team should not play off the attitude that,  oh well, we are doing this  for experience anyway.  This year counts, but it kind of does not count.  Kind of.  

I would hope that players, other than Davis, can find motivation in the promise of future earnings if they perform well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I would hope that players, other than Davis, can find motivation in the promise of future earnings if they perform well.

Watching the team the last two years, they’ve done a very good job of staying focused and putting out good effort on the field.   I give a lot of props to Hyde and his coaching staff for this.    Yes, individually players always have something to play for, but losing does tend to take a lot of fun out of the game and makes it harder for players to play their best.   

• Upvote 2