Bradford return

bigbird

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salary dump? How is this possible? ;) Angelos is supposedly ready to open the vaults wide. Money will flow like manna from Heaven, nourishing a team that has wandered in this barren land for eleven years. MacPhail will lead us to the Promised Land. Hallelujah, brothers (and sisters). Can I get an "Amen" from the congregation?

I'm disappointed. I really hope they're saving this money for something big.

The disappointing thing is that it seems that we did indeed trade Bradford because we had to have extra money to sign picks.(and it wasn't even that much in the scheme of things)

That is sad and if that is true, I really have no idea how we can think they will make any FA moves this offseason, especially a big one like Tex.

The disappointing thing is that it seems that we did indeed trade Bradford because we had to have extra money to sign picks.(and it wasn't even that much in the scheme of things)

That is sad and if that is true, I really have no idea how we can think they will make any FA moves this offseason, especially a big one like Tex.

Perhaps he has a problem spending a lot on picks because draft picks don't generally lead to wins or increased revenue in the short term.

But a guy like Tex obviously leads to some more wins and revenue right away, so maybe he's willing to spend money on big free agents.

At least I hope that's the reasoning if Bradford did indeed need to be traded for financial reasons, which is hard to believe.

Perhaps he has a problem spending a lot on picks because draft picks don't generally lead to wins or increased revenue in the short term.

But a guy like Tex obviously leads to some more wins and revenue right away, so maybe he's willing to spend money on big free agents.

At least I hope that's the reasoning if Bradford did indeed need to be traded for financial reasons, which is hard to believe.

They could sign three Tex's and until they do something to drastically improve their starting pitching it won't get them out of last place. Andy McPhail needs to study every move made by the Ray's to learn how they were able to acquire/sign and or draft/develop all the surplus of outstanding young pitchers and I am not talking about just prospects but prospects who pan out!

Hitting is much easier to obtain later. They need to start with the pitching which I truly believe there is no worse in baseball as far as starters right now on a yearly basis.

This bothers the hell out of me. Totally unfair to the players who were on this team busting their butts to send off one of our few healthy and reliable pitchers purely to dump salary without getting something decent in exchange. I'm P.O.'d.

They could sign three Tex's and until they do something to drastically improve their starting pitching it won't get them out of last place. Andy McPhail needs to study every move made by the Ray's to learn how they were able to acquire/sign and or draft/develop all the surplus of outstanding young pitchers and I am not talking about just prospects but prospects who pan out!

Hitting is much easier to obtain later. They need to start with the pitching which I truly believe there is no worse in baseball as far as starters right now on a yearly basis.

Very on topic...well done.

Archived