Bradford return

bigbird

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's a relief pitcher.

And relief pitchers are often highly sought after by contenders in July.

I'm not saying he should have brought back anything great, just saying there was reason to believe his value would have been a little higher.

And relief pitchers are often highly sought after by contenders in July.

I'm not saying he should have brought back anything great, just saying there was reason to believe his value would have been a little higher.

I dunno, I don't really see it. I mean, I understand where you're coming from but I never for a second thought we'd get anything of value back.

It's extremely rare that a PTBNL turns into anything good. Odds are against it from the start.

Guest oriofan8

I never expected much back for Bradford. I was a salary dump, and I'm sure AM and Tampa knew this going in. Andy doesn't appear to be the guy to "guess"...he knows what he's gonna get. Salary dump for a minor prospect. Hope I'm wrong.

I dunno, I don't really see it. I mean, I understand where you're coming from but I never for a second thought we'd get anything of value back.

It's extremely rare that a PTBNL turns into anything good. Odds are against it from the start.

Yeah, but that doesn't pertain to what I was talking about. I'm not saying I expected much more now, but I did expect more at the time of the trade.

We probably just threw away a future compensation draft pick.

To gain a top 10 pick in the 2009 draft. I'd say that's an upgrade.

MacPhail knew what exactly he was doing. He needed to make sure this team imploded and to do that he needed to weaken the bullpen so it couldn't recover. He also kept the Bowie guys away from the ML club so that they couldn't help.

He wanted this team to lose and made every effort or non-effort to make sure it happened IMO...

MacPhail knew what exactly he was doing. He needed to make sure this team imploded and to do that he needed to weaken the bullpen so it couldn't recover. He also kept the Bowie guys away from the ML club so that they couldn't help.

He wanted this team to lose and made every effort or non-effort to make sure it happened IMO...

So, who was on the grassy knoll? :D

Why are you guys pissed about this?

If I recall alot of us wanted him traded because he was redudant and he made too much money.

BB's post didn't say anything about us needing to dump the salary...Just that it was a salary dump which was obvious from the second it was announced.

Because they feel the money was needed for picks.

I'm not sure I buy that. But, if that's the case, and AM intentionally pulled the rug out so to speak, no way do I extend with this team if I'm Roberts or Markakis.

We were going to get a top 10 pick with or without Bradford.

And also, if your right, you can forget AM going after Tex or Burnett. A 2nd and 3rd round pick is far more important to him, if he's set on building solely through drafting.

I was one that wasn't expecting anything much for Bradford, but to hear we needed extra money just to sign draft picks, that worries me a lot.

I think we could be looking at a historically bad team in 09. Really ashame for the guys like Markakis, Jones, and maybe Weiters to have to suffer through that. Especially for Markakis, who has known nothing but playing for a horrible team. The Orioles better lock him up this offseason, cause another bad year, and I think Markakis will have his mind set on leaving.

I wouldn't give a darn if we had been able to sign Kevin Brady. But we made the salary dump and he still went to Clemson. That makes the move "curiouser." Frankly...I'm still upset he chose the ACC over us.

Who knows...maybe it was just meant to balance out the Gibbons move.

Archived