Matt Harvey 2021

Il BuonO

o

Harvey was pitching on 5 days' rest.

Even though he ceded 3 Walks in only 6 Innings Pitched, Harvey was still rather pitch-efficient tonight.

67% of the outs that Harvey recorded (12 out of 18) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

18 OUTS: )  5 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 2 Double Plays), 4 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts 

MATTHEW EDWARHARVEY )))))))) (vs. YANKEES, 4/26)

IP:lll.6

H:lll.ll3 ) l(2 Doubles, 1 Single)

R:llll. 1

BB:l.3

SO:lll5

Pitches: l) 84 )(51 )Strikes, )33 )Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 4.26 )  25.33 IP  (12 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  1.303  )  25.33 IP  (33 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .265  )(27 for 102)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

11 llll(61 llllStrikes, ll.5 lllBalls)

22 llll(14 lllStrikes, ll.8 lllBalls)

17 llll(9lllStrikes, lll8 lllBalls)

12 llll(6lllStrikes, llll6 lllBalls)

91 llll(7lllStrikes, llll2 lllBalls)

13 lllll(9lllStrikes, llll4 l.llBalls)

o

• Upvote 1

Honestly I thought Harvey got away with a few bad pitches in the 3rd and 4th innings, and fell behind in the count several times.   And the 0-2 pitch he threw to Judge in the 6th was just terrible.  

That said, the ump really did steal several strikes from him.  Overall, a solid outing.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Honestly I thought Harvey got away with a few bad pitches in the 3rd and 4th innings, and fell behind in the count several times.   And the 0-2 pitch he threw to Judge in the 6th was just terrible.  

That said, the ump really did steal several strikes from him.  Overall, a solid outing.  

Adley gets those calls for Harvey.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wonder if Elias is getting offers yet?

Seems early.

I figure at the very least teams would wait until Memorial Day to start making serious offers. First to see if Harvey can keep pitching decently, and if he still looks the same when the weather starts heating up and the ball carries better. 

Harvey will get traded if he keeps pitching like this and I'd be surprised if he finished the year in Baltimore. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I figure at the very least teams would wait until Memorial Day to start making serious offers. First to see if Harvey can keep pitching decently, and if he still looks the same when the weather starts heating up and the ball carries better. 

Harvey will get traded if he keeps pitching like this and I'd be surprised if he finished the year in Baltimore. 

Sad truth.

At least this year still means nuttin'... Honey.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think the only way he finishes the season in Baltimore is on the IL.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

MATTHEW EDWARHARVEY

I've noticed Moose's enthusiasm, and hope the okay performances stick, but confess I did also notice here the monogram is MEH.   I figured him as a preseason underdog to make it 10 GS, and looking wrong there, but still would guess by June we'll have a couple Norfolk guys who will be upgrades and this story ends with an ERA around 6.00.    It could be a moral victory even so given it is a 32-year old with a thoracic outlet on his chart.