Matt Harvey 2021

Il BuonO

Harvey deserved much better than he got today.  The catchable ball that was not caught did him in.  He is a veteran so probably it was not the first such happening  in his career, but they still hurt,  him and the whole team.  He truly has been a pleasant surprise this year, and I hope he keeps it up.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Pitched well enough to win. In fact, the top three have pitched well enough to win every single start. He did put on the two leadoff guys in the 6th and bullpen failed to help him out. After Scott and Valdez the bullpen is pretty thin. Hope Tate or Wells steps up. I would not mind seeing somebody take Fry's spot. Akin maybe? 

o

Justin Dunn )was originally drafted out of high school in the 7th round in 2013 ...... he eschewed that offer to play college ball instead, and he wound up being drafted in the 1st round 3 years later in 2016, and wound up netting himself a #2.378 Million signing bonus.

SEATTLE MARINERS )))))) (APRIL 14th)

Mitchell Haniger - RF

Tyler France - DH

Kyle Seager - 3B

Jose Ramon Marmolejos-Diaz - LF

Luis Alfonso Torrens Saez - C

Taylor Walter-Lee Trammell - CF

Evan White - 1B

Dylan Moore - 2B

John Paul "J.P." Crawford - SS

Justin Warren Dunn - RHP )) (0-0, 5.79 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

44 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Fun Stat: )If Galvis had made the play on that groundball this afternoon, and Paul Fry had not allowed both of Harvey's runners to score in Boston, Matt Harvey would have a) 3.68 ERA )through 3 starts with the Orioles.

I've been impressed.

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, Harvey has essentially been an average Major League starting pitcher so far in this still very young season ...... and that is still much better than most Oriole fans expected when he was signed to a Minor League contract back on February 13th. 

o

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TommyPickles said:

Fun Stat: )If Galvis had made the play on that groundball this afternoon, and Paul Fry had not allowed both of Harvey's runners to score in Boston, Matt Harvey would have a) 3.68 ERA )through 3 starts with the Orioles.

I've been impressed.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, Harvey has essentially been an average Major League starting pitcher so far in this still very young season ...... and that is still much better than most Oriole fans expected when he was signed to a Minor League contract back on February 13th. 

o

o

I mean, just the fact that there was question as to whether or not Harvey was pulled at the right time in the 5th inning of a Major League Baseball game today says a lot about his latest attempt at a comeback.

o

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

I mean, just the fact that there was question as to whether or not Harvey was pulled at the right time in the 5th inning of a Major League Baseball game today says a lot about his latest attempt at a comeback.

o

I really thought Harvey had no chance making the team. I was completely wrong and Harvey has been serviceable  so far. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Who was the poster that wanted to argue with me that Harvey was overrated as a prospect just because he was with a NY team(and not even the Yankees as if anyone cares about the Mets)?  Harvey is a good player and even though his ERA doesn’t look awesome, he has done much better this season than the stats. I hope he continues to pitch like he has and I hope the defense starts to actually play behind him. I’m rooting for the guy.