Hays or Mullins?

Bahama O's Fan

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

I'm confused as to what point you're trying to make.  Is it that you hope the O's trade him for a halfway decent price?  

Based on the information I have I would rather they trade him for a solid return.

But my information is trash, so I'm basically just saying I wouldn't require an amazing return as I'm fairly confident in the rest of the group.

3 hours ago, NCRaven said:

You did say "Orioles."  Guess you meant the Gulf Coast team.

I was talking about spring training appearances. 

Spencer Torkelson got into games.

I've seen Austin Martin swing a bat.

Normally when a college guy gets picked that high you get some eyes on come the next spring training.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Based on the information I have I would rather they trade him for a solid return.

But my information is trash, so I'm basically just saying I wouldn't require an amazing return as I'm fairly confident in the rest of the group.

Ok, we have different points of view there.  I would uh...hesitate... .... quite a bit.more than you to trade a top talent.    

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was talking about spring training appearances. 

Spencer Torkelson got into games.

I've seen Austin Martin swing a bat.

Normally when a college guy gets picked that high you get some eyes on come the next spring training.

Normal and Orioles are 2 very different things.  

4 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

So what?  Where did he end up playing?  Not to mention where he was the #1 #1.    

Do you even know what the conversation was about?

I was making a comment about how we haven't seen Kjerstad this spring.

For that matter, Kjerstad was 1-2.  Martin, who I mentioned was 1-5 so I'm not sure what you saying #1#1 was about.

Highly touted college guys normally at least make an appearance at camp the spring after they are picked.

My comment was a reference to rjslomo mentioning Kjerstad as part of his dream outfield alignment.

So that is what.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you even know what the conversation was about?

I was making a comment about how we haven't seen Kjerstad this spring.

For that matter, Kjerstad was 1-2.  Martin, who I mentioned was 1-5 so I'm not sure what you saying #1#1 was about.

Highly touted college guys normally at least make an appearance at camp the spring after they are picked.

My comment was a reference to rjslomo mentioning Kjerstad as part of his dream outfield alignment.

So that is what.

Again, so what?  There's a huge difference between the expectations for Kierstad and Adley.  And everybody gets that you hated the Martin trade.     

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

Again, so what?  There's a huge difference between the expectations for Kierstad and Adley.  And everybody gets that you hated the Martin trade.     

Typo - the decision to not pick Martin.  

7 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Typo - the decision to not pick Martin.  

I don't know that.

I didn't have a problem so much with them not picking Martin as I did with them reaching as far as they did for Kjerstad.  I don't think you can find a post from me strongly advocating for Martin.  I would have liked to have seen Lacy or Hancock's contract request.

As a top 2 pick we should have some pretty high expectations for Kjerstad.  That's what a big part of this sucking is supposed to be for right?  Premium talent from the draft?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know that.

I didn't have a problem so much with them not picking Martin as I did with them reaching as far as they did for Kjerstad.  I don't think you can find a post from me strongly advocating for Martin.  I would have liked to have seen Lacy or Hancock's contract request.

As a top 2 pick we should have some pretty high expectations for Kjerstad.  That's what a big part of this sucking is supposed to be for right?  Premium talent from the draft?

Fine - I don't really care any more - this conversation got really tiresome.  Sometimes, let the other person have the last word - like now.