The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Frazier has had good stats lately in part because he has been used in a platoon role. Both this year and over his career he has about 100 point differential, and Vesia has an even bigger differential. I have no problem trying Westburg against a tough lefty.

Frazier is a lifetime .250 vs LHP. I just think the Top of 7 leading off shouldn’t be an automatic pinch hitter situation. The good thing is that for now we are winning getting our young guys great experiences in big time situations. Hopefully it will pay off in the future.

4 hours ago, Malike said:

I don't believe that the team hangs on to losses like this like the fans do. They lose games, they shrug it off and they play again the next day. I don't know if there is a stat for a team being driven into a slump after losing a game that was winnable, but they have them for everything else.

I agree. This team has shown over and over again that they don't go into downward spirals due to one game. Could they lose tonight? Sure. Will it be because they are reeling from last night? I don't think so. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I agree. This team has shown over and over again that they don't go into downward spirals due to one game. Could they lose tonight? Sure. Will it be because they are reeling from last night? I don't think so. 

Very favorable pitching matchup tonight, I’m expecting  the O’s to bounce back plus Hays is back. 

I was worried about Wells tonight with the long layoff.  He has no command tonight.  That always my issue with giving pitchers too much rest sometimes they lose there command that next start.  I think it good decision long term with guys but it can cause problems short term.  

5 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So...why Frazier for Urias, just to bunt? Do you not trust Urias to bunt? And then Mountcastle for Mateo with no one on? Let Westburg hit if you wanna pinch hit.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but he has the Midas touch right now.  Moves I question are working out.   Frazier ALMOST screwed up the game ending DP.  Urías saves the game on a ball Frazier probably doesn’t.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So...why Frazier for Urias, just to bunt? Do you not trust Urias to bunt? And then Mountcastle for Mateo with no one on? Let Westburg hit if you wanna pinch hit.

He obviously didn’t trust Urias to get bunt down. I think he rather Mountcastle get a shot and move Gunnar to SS and Westburg to 3rd than keeping Mateo in. With 2 outs I keep Mateo in. 

9 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Yeah I didn't agree with Mountcastle PHing against a right handed pitcher with no one on. Don't you want Mateo to stay in for defense in the bottom of the inning and for Mounty to remain on the bench as a PHer against left handed pitchers if the game extends past the 10th?

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He obviously didn’t trust Urias to get bunt down. I think he rather Mountcastle get a shot and move Gunnar to SS and Westburg to 3rd than keeping Mateo in. With 2 outs I keep Mateo in. 

I'd trust UIrias more to bunt than Frazier to make a play on defense.

• Upvote 2