Bring on the Terps

Sports Guy

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the e-mail is real, just the Duke fans dont want to admit Brand hates Duke. How about the Reggie Love pictures? I believe that is what sealed the deal for JJ Reddick to go to Duke.

What is the proof?

BTW, who cares if hated Duke? Is that supposed to matter?

I hated the college i attended as well. I am sure Elton and myself are not the only 2 people in the country who can say that.

Perhaps people should stop worrying so much about all of this crap and try and figure out a way to beat Duke and to figure out a way to have a program like Dukes.

For all the people who hate Duke, everyone of them would trade their program's success with Duke's(except for UNC and perhaps UCONN).

Or how about Gary Williams, who seems to have had a little bit of success against Duke...

You know what is funny? MD is now 4-5 vs Duke over the last few years. That is the BEST record for a team against Duke in conference.

The Terps have played Duke very well this decade but they are still under 500 versus them. So, even the team that has faired the best, still has not been all that great versus them.

I am watching the GOnzaga game and they are showing a sign that says bring on Duke.

Why is that? Do you see non conference teams with bring on UCONn signs? Or bring on UNC signs? Just does not happen(probably used to for UNC under Smith though). Duke is the standard...Anyone who does not believe that is fooling themselves.

Yea, i guess you did.

You can make the argument that Duke has been more successful over the last 20 or so years than UCLA was.

Wow - One title in eleven years is a dynasty now? That must make UConn, UNC, and UK super duper dynasties. The only question is will Duke make it past the regional semis this year...

And yes, of course you can make the argument that Dook has been more successful than UCLA over the last twenty. No one is saying that UCLA from 85-05 is a dynasty. UCLA from 64-75 is a different story of course. That is a dynasty.

Wow - One title in eleven years is a dynasty now? That must make UConn, UNC, and UK super duper dynasties. The only question is will Duke make it past the regional semis this year...

And yes, of course you can make the argument that Dook has been more successful than UCLA over the last twenty. No one is saying that UCLA from 85-05 is a dynasty. UCLA from 64-75 is a different story of course. That is a dynasty.

Do you think UCLA wins all of those titles with restrictions on scholarships and a 64 team tourney field?

One other thing to keep in mind with the UCLA championships in the 1964-75 era was the tournament was truly set up in a regional manner at that time. In other words, teams in the east played other teams from the east prior to the Final Four, teams in the west played teams from the west, etc. UCLA had some fairly easy paths to the Final Four during those days, at least compared to their most serious competition to win the national title. Heck, in some years some of their most serious threats from the east were knocked off before the Final Four.

IMO, Duke's run from 1986 to 1994 (2 national titles, 5 championship game appearances, and 7 Final Fours in 9 seasons) is arguably more impressive than UCLA's run from 1964-75. However, Duke's record from 1995 to the present, while still very good, isn't nearly as impressive. Various programs can claim to have been more successful over that period.

One other thing to keep in mind with the UCLA championships in the 1964-75 era was the tournament was truly set up in a regional manner at that time. In other words, teams in the east played other teams from the east prior to the Final Four, teams in the west played teams from the west, etc. UCLA had some fairly easy paths to the Final Four during those days, at least compared to their most serious competition to win the national title. Heck, in some years some of their most serious threats from the east were knocked off before the Final Four.

IMO, Duke's run from 1986 to 1994 (2 national titles, 5 championship game appearances, and 7 Final Fours in 9 seasons) is arguably more impressive than UCLA's run from 1964-75. However, Duke's record from 1995 to the present, while still very good, isn't nearly as impressive. Various programs can claim to have been more successful over that period.

Well, don't forget the numerous ACC titles, #1 seeds and final 4 appearances.....Heck, i think they have been to 8 staright sweet 16's..Something like that.

Archived