Bring on the Terps

Sports Guy

Although i am not sure if other schools take it as far as MD students.(they certainly may but we do not hear about it)

I'm not going to get into a sh*t slinging contest to prove otherwise. see, my post above as to why you dont hear about it

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YEa seriously...ND, don't be so elitist.

Although i am not sure if other schools take it as far as MD students.(they certainly may but we do not hear about it)

The fact of the matter is, I'd be SHOCKED if MD students were the only ones to throw stuff and chant obscenities. You're talking about a group of rabid college students many of whom are under the influence of one thing or another. We just happened to be in the national spotlight after the Boozer incident.

The fact of the matter is, I'd be SHOCKED if MD students were the only ones to throw stuff and chant obscenities. You're talking about a group of rabid college students many of whom are under the influence of one thing or another. We just happened to be in the national spotlight after the Boozer incident.

And i agree. I am sure it does go on at most places. But how far does the entire student section take it in other schools?

I have never heard of another team's students calling opposing players cell phone to harrass them. I do not ever remember hearing a FU chant.

The only thing that Maryland students have done that nobody else has is the volume of the FU chant a couple years ago. If that chant doesn't get caught on the air, then nobody would think Maryland fans are any worse than any other fans.

Well there you have it. They do, but they aren't an ACC school playing, essentially, in Washington, D.C. The media surrounding the greater Durham area may be intimidating, but somehow I doubt it's quite the same.

I watch alot of college bball....Other than bs chant, i do not remember hearing chants like that from any school.

BTW, iw as at the FU chant game, so i did not need ESPN to tell me about it.

And i agree. I am sure it does go on at most places. But how far does the entire student section take it in other schools?

I have never heard of another team's students calling opposing players cell phone to harrass them. I do not ever remember hearing a FU chant.

Last year on that Gameday piece about JJ and his pained poetry, they even cited other examples of FU JJ chants, just as loud or even louder than at Maryland. Anyone who claims it's just at Maryland just is out to belittle Terps fans, not state facts. But the other examples weren't on national tv in one of the biggest college basketball rivalries in recent years. I believe the one they focused on the most besides Maryland was at Florida State, IIRC.

And as someone standing about 3 feet away from Coach K yesterday during his press conference, I'd point out to you, SG, that he had nothing but nice things to say about the crowd yesterday. "They had a great energy," he said. "Their fans were great, they were really into this the whole way."

So to keep harping on the FU JJ chants from now 3 years ago is akin to us harping on Duke fans throwing condoms and pizza boxes on the floor at Cameron in the 80s. Even Coach K was praising Terps fans yesterday.

And as someone standing about 3 feet away from Coach K yesterday during his press conference, I'd point out to you, SG, that he had nothing but nice things to say about the crowd yesterday. "They had a great energy," he said. "Their fans were great, they were really into this the whole way."

So to keep harping on the FU JJ chants from now 3 years ago is akin to us harping on Duke fans throwing condoms and pizza boxes on the floor at Cameron in the 80s. Even Coach K was praising Terps fans yesterday.

They have gotten better because Gary and Yow has gotten on them so much, which goes back to my original point.

And the Cameron Crazies were self-reformed?

But that's not even my point. My point is that you keep bringing this up with no good reason when it's 3 years in the past, so I feel like if you continue, you better not complain when I start listing the things the Cameron Crazies did in their "heyday."

I have never heard of other schools throwing things at players parents, having a student wide cheer of F U to a player, etc....

Yes the Md Students do say FU to JJ, and is it right? Who cares. What about the Dookies throwing condoms at Herman Veal ? Whats worse? How about the chants your beloved Dookies chanted at DJ? How about the UVa fans saying what they did to Juan? Md fans are classless true, but the Dookies are no better. Wisconsin fans chant the FU chant too, does that make them bad?

It was not right thowing the water bottle at Boozers mom, but did you see the game and how she was acting? If she had of been in Philly she would of been hit with a full bottle, from all directions.

I went to both final fours, and all ACC tournements since 1985, so yes I am a classless Terp fan, but at least I spend my money on them, not sit and be a keyboard expert like you.

By the way Duke has had a great run, but they have a long way to go totop UCLA. Count the championships, a ring is a ring. I am sure you know nothing about winning a championship as a player or coach.

I went to both final fours, and all ACC tournements since 1985, so yes I am a classless Terp fan, but at least I spend my money on them, not sit and be a keyboard expert like you.

By the way Duke has had a great run, but they have a long way to go totop UCLA. Count the championships, a ring is a ring. I am sure you know nothing about winning a championship as a player or coach.

1) I do spend money on my teams and have been to lots of games...Good remark though....Shows your ignorance.

2) Obviously talking about the UCLA/Duke thing is over your head. I will stick with the other intelligent Terp fans(like the ones in the thread) and ND.

It was not right thowing the water bottle at Boozers mom, but did you see the game and how she was acting? If she had of been in Philly she would of been hit with a full bottle, from all directions.

Philly college basketball fans don't pull that kind of crap. They are too busy yelling out inventive chants at each other and creating funny rollouts at Big Five games at the Palestra.

Archived