LeBlanc to be DFA’ed, Lowther up

Legend_Of_Joey

14 hours ago, wildcard said:

Leblanc could be in limbo for 10 days since he has been DFA'd.  The O's don't have to be put on waivers until the 7th day.    

Let's say the O's rotation during that time evolve to be Means, Zimmermann, Harvey, Kremer and Lowther.   Lopez gets pushed to the pen.  One of the relievers goes on the ILor is optioned.

There is not exactly a bunch of healthy starters at AAA.   Baumann, Alex Wells and Akin are all injured last I heard. That leaves Rogers and Eshelman in the Norfolk rotation.   Bet the O's would like to have LeBlanc join them as a starters at AAA if they can talk him into it.   If he passes through waivers I guess that could happen.

I don't see the O's rushing Sceroler back to the majors.  He could rehab for 30 days at AAA.

AAA season starts May 4th.

Baumann and Wells are throwing down in Florida the last I heard.

They could bring LeBlanc back as a deep depth innings eater in AAA since they will need to protect the arms there as well. I would be surprised if we see him again this year, but wouldn't be shocked. It's going to be a weird year for innings and we'll see guys in AAA and on the major league squad who's job it is to eat innings in games that are out of reach vs burning through the pen.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Lowther just pitched on the day that LeBlanc was the starter. In theory, he's aligned to start next Friday in Oakland if they want, but that's a tough lineup to make your debut against having pitched one inning of live baseball in what would be about ten days.

Kremer can come back Wednesday.

So we would have to bump someone from the rotation to make room for Lowther.  I know the sentiment is Lopez but as of yet they haven't said anything about a change.

And also, of course, someone has to go back down when Kremer comes up.  It could be Lowther, unfortunately.

I'd like to see Lowther get a chance to start but I'm skeptical of it happening soon, barring injury.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

For any big Wade fans out there he is starting right now in Chicago for St Louis. Game is on MLB Network.  

Good enough for a team trying to contend but not good enough for the Orioles. ?

They used him in relief 4 times (6.2 innings, 8 hits, 3 runs), then gave him a start (4.1 innings, 4 hits, 1 run).   So he has put up a 3.27 ERA for them so far, compared to the 9.45 he had for us early this year. 

However in his 2nd start today, he has already been tagged for 3 runs in the first inning.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

They used him in relief 4 times (6.2 innings, 8 hits, 3 runs), then gave him a start (4.1 innings, 4 hits, 1 run).   So he has put up a 3.27 ERA for them so far, compared to the 9.45 he had for us early this year. 

However in his 2nd start today, he has already been tagged for 3 runs in the first inning.

Carlson slid and had a line drive pop out of his glove with the bases loaded and 2 outs. That’s how the 3 runs had scored.  

I wasn’t aware he had been up on their roster.