Means, Harvey, and pray for rain?

now

29 minutes ago, Philip said:

So what’s the status of Baumann? Are we going to see him this season?

He pitched two innings in Delmarva yesterday.   Will be in Norfolk after a few warm up starts if all goes as planned.  

4 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Leave Harvey and Lopez in the bullpen for long relief when those young guys need help to cover innings

Lopez is not likely to come out of the rotation over a bad outing vs the Yanks.  I think he starts vs the Nats.  Lowther needs more time at AAA.

Harvey was due for some regression but could still settle around a 4.00 ish ERA.  Its too early to count on innings from young arms so I think its an overreaction to suggest moving him to the pen.

Personally I think they are managing innings on Akin and he will join the rotation shortly. 

It will be interesting to see if Zimmerman got fixed in that short period of time.  I suggested in an earlier post that he had some swing and miss stuff but needed to manage his fastball location better.  Looking at his pitch chart from Sunday it looks like he was more "effectively wild" than "effective."  The book on him thus far was swing hard and hit his below average FB in the zone.   He wasn't in the zone and they still chased.  Hitters are seeing meatballs but they will stop swinging if he stays out of the zone and will have 4-5 walks next time out.

• Thanks 1