Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

12 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Adley was at catcher last night, and had a single, double, and a walk w/2 RBI. Now at a respectable .277 / .402 / .504 for Bowie. Really wish they’d promote him (plus Rodríguez and Baumann) to Norfolk soon. Love to see how he’d adjust to tougher pitching. 

I'm planning to see a game while they are in Sommerset the week after next.  Have been holding out hope but doubts are creeping in.

Rutschman by week:

May 4-8: 25 PA, .190/.320/.381, 1 HR, 4 RBI

May 11-16: 29 PA, .278/.552/.667, 2 HR, 6 RBI

May 18-23: 27 PA, .273/.407/.409, 1 HR, 3 RBI

May 25-30: 20 PA, .500/.600/1.000, 2 HR, 7 RBI

June 1-6: 28 PA, .292/.393/.625, 2 HR, 2 RBI

June 8-13: 30 PA, .296/.333/.519, 2 HR, 5 RBI.

June 15-20: 27 PA, .286/.444/.286, O HR, 1 RBI

June 22-27: 27 PA, ..227/.370/.409, 1 HR, 4 RBI

June 29- July 4: 26 PA, .228/.280/.348, 0 HR, 3 RBI

July 6-11: 16 PA, .385/.500/.692, 1 HR, 2 RBI

July 13-18: 23 PA, .136/.184/.162, 0 HR, 0 RBI

July 20-25:,29 PA, .409/.552/.955, 3 HR, 11 RBI

Big week for Rutschman.

• Upvote 1

Looking at those weekly numbers, what strikes me is that he's been fairly consistent with only one bad week. I was looking at Buster Posey's career, and the most games he ever started behind the plate was 122. He's only been over 100 four times. Assuming Adley's up early in 2022, how many games do we envision him catching that first season?

Edited by Gentile4

1 hour ago, Gentile4 said:

Looking at those weekly numbers, what strikes me is that he's been fairly consistent with only one bad week. I was looking at Buster Posey's career, and the most games he ever started behind the plate was 122. He's only been over 100 four times. Assuming Adley's up early in 2022, how many games do we envision him catching that first season?

Teams are all over the lot in terms of how hard they push their catchers.   Wieters caught 121, 129, 132 and 134 in a four year period.  Molina has caught 130+ six times, topping out at 142.   Salvador Perez caught between 126 and 143 over a four year period.   But many teams don’t push their catchers as hard as those three.   I’d say 120+ is likely, but it’s hard to say how far beyond 120 they’ll go.  

Edit - they’ll probably go a little easier on him in his first season, plus we don’t know exactly when he gets called up.  I’d guess he’ll catch 2/3 of the remaining games once he’s called up (a 108-game pace over a full year).    Heavier than that in year 2.   

58 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I guess this is not the week they promote Adley. I thought yesterday might be the day. 

If I had to guess I would put the promotion date at April 2022. 

Although promoting him with two or three weeks left in the minor league season would serve the same purpose.  I'm with CoC's line of thinking here.  You can't have Adley tearing the cover off the ball for two months in Norfolk and then keep him down in Norfolk again until June of next year.  It's not a good look.  Not that this is either but it's less obvious. 

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

If I had to guess I would put the promotion date at April 2022. 

Although promoting him with two or three weeks left in the minor league season would serve the same purpose.  I'm with CoC's line of thinking here.  You can't have Adley tearing the cover off the ball for two months in Norfolk and then keep him down in Norfolk again until June of next year.  It's not a good look.  Not that this is either but it's less obvious. 

Norfolk's season goes two weeks longer than Bowie's, so barring injury, I would be shocked if we didn't see him there at some point this year.

With the Baysox now on the road until August 10th, I definitely thought it might be this week though.

25 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Norfolk's season goes two weeks longer than Bowie's, so barring injury, I would be shocked if we didn't see him there at some point this year.

With the Baysox now on the road until August 10th, I definitely thought it might be this week though.

Given that the Baysox are in Richmond this week and Norfolk is home next week, it'd also be easy enough to have him just head to Norfolk from Richmond at the end of this week. 

7 minutes ago, osravensfan78 said:

He has to be moved up soon I would think. I worry that if he doesn’t hit AAA this year, that’s where he will start the season next year. I’m ready for him on the main roster ASAP. 

SPOILER:

He is going to start next year at AAA. *  The Orioles have done this was almost all of their 'prime' prospects.

*barring some drastic change to the CBA.