Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why ask if "we should be concerned" when you are obviously concerned?  Why not just ask if anyone else is concerned?

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument over semantics. Considering AR's splits I thought the question was reasonable, but hey, you be you. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Are those stats accurate? I have him at .255/.365/.442 .806 OPS from the left side. Those are good numbers without mentioning that he’s slugging .735 from the other side.

BB-ref agrees with you.  Maybe Shoeless Joe’s numbers are a few days old?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

21 games at Norfolk.  .355/.432/.487 = .919 

7 doubles, 1 homer.  9 walks, 14 strikeouts.  He's stolen two bases, too.  Caught once.

The numbers are probably better than they appear to be given the Tides’ home park suppresses offensive production. My guess is if we brought Adley up tomorrow he’d finish the year with an 850ish OPS at the plate, and of course GG defense behind it. It hurts to see him wasting ABs in the minors with the sorry backstops we’re enduring at the major league level. 

He looks like a man amongst boys down there, just in the way he carries himself.   Game moves slower for him.  I was super impressed when he kicked it into high gear on Friday to turn a single into a double.  Shows immense baseball IQ and a pretty darn strong run tool.  

2 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

The numbers are probably better than they appear to be given the Tides’ home park suppresses offensive production. My guess is if we brought Adley up tomorrow he’d finish the year with an 850ish OPS at the plate, and of course GG defense behind it. It hurts to see him wasting ABs in the minors with the sorry backstops we’re enduring at the major league level. 

They’re not bringing him up for a look this year. Especially with a labor dispute on the horizon. 

He should be the opening day catcher next year, 100%.