Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

9 hours ago, Pickles said:

And if he did it for the best part of a decade, he'd be very close to the HOF.

I really think we need to temper expectations.  

That should be our best-case scenario.

It's likely to fall short of that.

Agree. To protect myself, I’m very much  tempering expectations. If he’s JT Realmuto for 5 or 6 years that’s a huge win for us. 

12 hours ago, Yossarian said:

I just have visions of Matt Weiters in my head.  Weiters with better defense.  

I know I know, in terms of historical returns from a 1-1 Wieters wouldn't be that bad (nor was Matusz for 1-5), but please, no one dreams of Wieters or Matusz, thinking that Adley ends up like Wieters with better defence is still kinda depressing. :/ Let's not have this happen please! 

2 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

I know I know, in terms of historical returns from a 1-1 Wieters wouldn't be that bad (nor was Matusz for 1-5), but please, no one dreams of Wieters or Matusz, thinking that Adley ends up like Wieters with better defence is still kinda depressing. :/ Let's not have this happen please! 

Oh, that certainly isn't a dream.  It is just what I see as the major league future for Rutschman.  Maybe it's a subconscious way of tempering expectations.

On 6/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, Frobby said:

Rutschman by week:

May 4-8: 25 PA, .190/.320/.381, 1 HR, 4 RBI

May 11-16: 29 PA, .278/.552/.667, 2 HR, 6 RBI

May 18-23: 27 PA, .273/.407/.409, 1 HR, 3 RBI

May 25-30: 20 PA, .500/.600/1.000, 2 HR, 7 RBI

June 1-6: 28 PA, .292/.393/.625, 2 HR, 2 RBI

June 8-13: 30 PA, .296/.333/.519, 2 HR, 5 RBI.

And, another Sunday homer, his sixth in the last five weeks.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flash- bd said:

Bryce Harper with Gold Glove catcher defense and w/o the d bag attitude.  I thought Harper would have over .900 OPS career, but he just shy at .899.  His slash line is .276/.387/.512.  I would be happy with that.  ?

I hope we have enough SP that is good enough for the team to compete within a couple years after Adley gets here. After all, it is Pitching for the most part, that determines whether a team is competitive or not.  Hope Adley turns out to be a real good catcher for young pitchers to pitch to.   His contribution in that regard is very vital for Orioles success in the next few years.