Adam Hall 2021

Tony-OH

Hall is off to a slow start playing in 5 of the first 7 Aberdeen games slashing just .105/.190/.105 . While his slow start is not extremely relevant at this point, it is interesting that he's not a priority play at SS or 2B and made his first ever start in the outfield last night playing CF.

Starts so far:

SS - Joey Ortiz 5, Hall 2
2B: Graffanino 5, Hall 1

Judging by his starts, it appears that Ortiz and Graffanino are the priority plays up the middle on the dirt and it will be interesting to follow how Hall is being used. I figured he would be the priority play at 2B this year but i appears the Orioles front office like Graffanino better there. While players are going to move around this year, those that are getting the most starts at certain positions are the priority plays and tells us the org likes that player better at that position.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hall has heated up a lot the last two weeks.   In tonight’s doubleheader he went 5 for 7 to raise his average to .270.   In his last 9 games he’s hit .467/.543/.567.

In past seasons he’s been a bit of a slow starter, and when he gets hot, it just seems he’s on base all the time.   So hopefully, this hot streak will continue.    

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hall has heated up a lot the last two weeks.   In tonight’s doubleheader he went 5 for 7 to raise his average to .270.   In his last 9 games he’s hit .467/.543/.567.

In past seasons he’s been a bit of a slow starter, and when he gets hot, it just seems he’s on base all the time.   So hopefully, this hot streak will continue.    

In that article a week or two ago Keith Law noted that he expected Hall to get off to a slow start because he was very limited in things he could do last year because he was stuck in Canada. Good to see him turn it around. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

He didn't even have a double until yesterday.  Nice that he got 2 and he's got time, but the lack of pop is a label he's going to have to overcome.    

Unfortunately, I think that’s always going to be an issue for him.   I’d heard some rumors that he had put on some muscle, but it’s not showing up in his ISO yet, that’s for sure.   

5 hours ago, LTO's said:

In that article a week or two ago Keith Law noted that he expected Hall to get off to a slow start because he was very limited in things he could do last year because he was stuck in Canada. Good to see him turn it around. 

Law is a fan of Hall so doesn't surprise me that he might carry water for him, but that does make sense.

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Law is a fan of Hall so doesn't surprise me that he might carry water for him, but that does make sense.

I’m crossing my fingers that a similar reason explains why Alex Wells has been so bad at Norfolk.   He was going to pitch in an Australian league last Fall but the O’s apparently nixed it after they put him on the 40-man roster.    

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m crossing my fingers that a similar reason explains why Alex Wells has been so bad at Norfolk.   He was going to pitch in an Australian league last Fall but the O’s apparently nixed it after they put him on the 40-man roster.    

Being in Canada last summer didn't seem to hurt Zach Pop. I would think it would be easier for pitchers than hitters to stay in game shape without playing games. Wonder if that is part of the reason for all the strikeouts and gaudy pitching stats in the minors.

• 1 month later...

Hall’s OPS creeped over .700 for the first time this year, after going 8 for 13 with a triple and a homer over the last three games.  Hall also stole his 23rd base of the year, with only one caught stealing on the year.  He’s hitting .378/.491/.511 in July.    Hall has reached base 22 games in a row dating back to a June 18 game where he came in as a defensive sub and didn’t have a plate appearance.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Funny how a 4 for 6 day bumps you up from org player to .686 IF. Maybe he can be something???

He's not an org player for now, but he's a late Top-50 guy due to his contact issues, lack of power and defensive issues. He's worth continuing to follow but he looks a lot more like a Richie Martin type guy vs an everyday big leaguer.