50% maximum occupancy in MD and Baltimore City

fansince1988

4 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

The Orioles already announced they were sticking with 25-ish percent capacity for the remainder of the season. They sent out emails to season ticket holders last week letting them now that tickets for June through the end of the year will go on sale no later than May 18, and that season ticket holders would have the same seats for the remainder of the season that they have had in April and May.

I emailed my rep and he said that they are adding a few seats but still staying under 30 percent. I quite enjoy my seats, feel totally safe with nobody else in my row in the second row behind home plate in the upper deck, and don't get any guff from the usher for having my mask off the entire time I am in the seats. Under the current circumstances I would much rather be there than in my normal seats in the front row, surrounded by people and forced (or compelled) to wear a mask.

Hopefully as part of the adding more seats, they will have options for people who go to the game by themselves to not have to buy two seats.

If anyone wants to buy tickets at season ticket holder cost, feel free to PM me and I can grab them and email them and you can Paypal or Venmo me.

Is this true????   Did they announce it publically or just let the season ticket holders know.

Will that 25% capacity be social distancing, meaning pods all around the park even in really remote seats like LF upper deck?

Look, I know a lot of our games don't typically exceed 1/3 capacity.   But some do.   And when we do come close to that, there are still plenty of good seats available.   If we stay at 30% capacity or less and it's these little 2 or 4 person pods, that means that the only tickets available for a game close to sellout will either be bad seats or way overpriced good seats due to the demand.

It will be completely and utterly ridiculous if they remain 30% capacity or less AND keep everyone social distanced into the summer months.   If I feel like going to a game and the only ticket I can get is a nosebleed upper deck while there are hundreds of empty seats in a good section like Section 8, or thouands of empty seats in the first 5 rows of the upper deck unoccupied -- that would be completely and utterly inexcusable and a slap in the face to fans.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Is this true????   Did they announce it publically or just let the season ticket holders know.

Will that 25% capacity be social distancing, meaning pods all around the park even in really remote seats like LF upper deck?

Look, I know a lot of our games don't typically exceed 1/3 capacity.   But some do.   And when we do come close to that, there are still plenty of good seats available.   If we stay at 30% capacity or less and it's these little 2 or 4 person pods, that means that the only tickets available for a game close to sellout will either be bad seats or way overpriced good seats due to the demand.

It will be completely and utterly ridiculous if they remain 30% capacity or less AND keep everyone social distanced into the summer months.   If I feel like going to a game and the only ticket I can get is a nosebleed upper deck while there are hundreds of empty seats in a good section like Section 8, or thouands of empty seats in the first 5 rows of the upper deck unoccupied -- that would be completely and utterly inexcusable and a slap in the face to fans.

I don't think the Orioles are worried about slapping casual fans, those who buy single game tickets near or on game day, in the face.

They are more concerned about the comfort and long term happiness of Season Plan holders who shell out thousands of dollars a year to support this lousy team.

If you want good seats, buy them in advance, they go on sale on May 18th. If you want to pay season ticket holder prices, shoot me a PM and I will grab them for you. If you want to only get a single ticket, I can get two and then trade the other one in for you.

Plan ahead. I knew I wanted to go on Memorial Day a month ago so I got two tickets in the front row of the upper deck inside of third base. Now, nothing but scraps remain.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I don't think the Orioles are worried about slapping casual fans, those who buy single game tickets near or on game day, in the face.

They are more concerned about the comfort and long term happiness of Season Plan holders who shell out thousands of dollars a year to support this lousy team.

If you want good seats, buy them in advance, they go on sale on May 18th. If you want to pay season ticket holder prices, shoot me a PM and I will grab them for you. If you want to only get a single ticket, I can get two and then trade the other one in for you.

I was a season ticketholder for a dozen  years, from 1989 into the early 2000s.   I quit for a couple reasons -- first I didn't need the season tickets to get decent seats for most games anymore, and secondly due to my peer group of friends getting married, going out less, etc., I often could not find someone to go to the game with me in my other seat.

Anyway, the Orioles need all the fans they can get, and I still go to a lot of games, so yeah, they should be concerned about slapping me.   They need all the fans they can get, and despite my not having season tickets I think my fandom is anything but casual.

Finally -- if they decide to keep down capacity to increase , that's one thing.   Say you decide not to open the upper deck to save on ushers, concessions, etc.    But to do it with social distancing long after there is a medical reason for it, meaning thousands of empty "good seats" to every game, and thousands of empty mid level seats -- that is an utterly indefensible, unjustifiable, idiotic decision.   I won't say any more until I find out if it is actually 100% true they are doing that.

18 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I was a season ticketholder for a dozen  years, from 1989 into the early 2000s.   I quit for a couple reasons -- first I didn't need the season tickets to get decent seats for most games anymore, and secondly due to my peer group of friends getting married, going out less, etc., I often could not find someone to go to the game with me in my other seat.

Anyway, the Orioles need all the fans they can get, and I still go to a lot of games, so yeah, they should be concerned about slapping me.   They need all the fans they can get, and despite my not having season tickets I think my fandom is anything but casual.

Finally -- if they decide to keep down capacity to increase , that's one thing.   Say you decide not to open the upper deck to save on ushers, concessions, etc.    But to do it with social distancing long after there is a medical reason for it, meaning thousands of empty "good seats" to every game, and thousands of empty mid level seats -- that is an utterly indefensible, unjustifiable, idiotic decision.   I won't say any more until I find out if it is actually 100% true they are doing that.

They are doing it. And yeah they are keeping costs down by not having every concession stand open. 

They are running a business, if it keeps their actual paying customers happy, which it seems to, as I haven't heard any complaints from season plan holders, even those whose seats got pushed back a few rows, then I am sure the Orioles are fine with it.

If they wanted to expand, they could open up with no restrictions while requiring every fan to be vaccinated, but that would seem to upset more people than those who can only get lousy seats at the last minute

I am vaccinated but I don't particularly want people right next to me at this point, nor do I want to wear a mask in the middle of July because there is some yahoo next to me who may or may not be vaccinated.

Plan ahead and stop complaining.

Let me know if you want me to get you a ticket.

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Those CDC guidelines are for people who are vaccinated, I believe.   

I thought Hogan is releasing Md from outdoor restrictions, starting tomorrow night.

I also believe I heard, that indoor restrictions are gone, once the state hits 70% of the people have had shot 1.

58 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I thought Hogan is releasing Md from outdoor restrictions, starting tomorrow night.

I also believe I heard, that indoor restrictions are gone, once the state hits 70% of the people have had shot 1.

Yes, Hogan is releasing outdoor restrictions.   But localities and private businesses can be more restrictive.   And the CDC recommendations are also separate.  

The new CDC guidance is drawing more clear distinctions for what it is safe for vaccinated people to do, vs. what non-vaccinated people can do.   And frankly, I’d say they should have done it sooner.   

I heard the CDC director say last night that if you are vaccinated and have no special conditions, it would be safe to go to a full baseball stadium without a mask, even with non-vaccinated people.   But it wouldn’t be safe for a non-vaccinated person to do that.   

Problem is, stadium personnel don’t know who is vaccinated and who isn’t.   So, they are continuing to require masks, for now.   Honestly, at 25% capacity, I’d guess it’s pretty safe without a mask at OPACY even if you aren’t vaccinated.   

As to Hogan saying he’ll lift indoor restrictions when we get to 70% vaccinated with at least one shot, I hope we get there.   Maryland is doing well compared to most other states, but the vaccination rate is slowing a lot so getting to 70% may be a slog.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes, Hogan is releasing outdoor restrictions.   But localities and private businesses can be more restrictive.   And the CDC recommendations are also separate.  

The new CDC guidance is drawing more clear distinctions for what it is safe for vaccinated people to do, vs. what non-vaccinated people can do.   And frankly, I’d say they should have done it sooner.   

I heard the CDC director say last night that if you are vaccinated and have no special conditions, it would be safe to go to a full baseball stadium without a mask, even with non-vaccinated people.   But it wouldn’t be safe for a non-vaccinated person to do that.   

Problem is, stadium personnel don’t know who is vaccinated and who isn’t.   So, they are continuing to require masks, for now.   Honestly, at 25% capacity, I’d guess it’s pretty safe without a mask at OPACY even if you aren’t vaccinated.   

As to Hogan saying he’ll lift indoor restrictions when we get to 70% vaccinated with at least one shot, I hope we get there.   Maryland is doing well compared to most other states, but the vaccination rate is slowing a lot so getting to 70% may be a slog.  

Are you guys to the point of being able to just get a walk in vaccination?

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Hogan is trying to get the people into getting their shot.

The shot doesnt keep you from getting COVID, just supposed to keep you from dying.

Then again, it all depends on what you read and believe is true, as there is so much out there.

2 minutes ago, OsFan2001 said:

It includes indoor restrictions, too. Restaurants can go back to people standing at bars and operating at full capacity for instance.

It's all so confusing right now. You have the CDC saying its stuff. You have Fauci saying his stuff. The Governor says his stuff. Then the mayors and county executives say their stuff.

CDC issues recommendations.

Governor sets minimum rules for his state.

Local mayors/CEs can be stricter than the governor if they want, but must at least follow the minimum rules for the state.

So as we are now in the phase where restrictions are being lessened, the only thing that actually will allow change is the announcement at the local level.   The governor can take away a restriction he had imposed, but until it is done at the local level it's still in effect.

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

What’s funny is they are lifting restrictions because people are getting the vaccine yet you can still get it if you have the vaccine. 

It’s all just so dumb.

You are far, far less likely to get it if you have the vaccine.   Practically negligible with Pfizer and Moderna.   And while you can still get it with the J&J vaccine, like the  Yankees did, you are very, very unlikely to have any significant symptoms.

So saying "you can still get it if you have the vaccine" as if the vaccine does nothing -- is a deliberately misleading statement on your part.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You are far, far less likely to get it if you have the vaccine.   Practically negligible with Pfizer and Moderna.   And while you can still get it with the J&J vaccine, like the  Yankees did, you are very, very unlikely to have any significant symptoms.

So saying "you can still get it if you have the vaccine" as if the vaccine does nothing -- is a deliberately misleading statement on your part.

No it’s not..there are plenty of reported cases of people getting it.  That’s a fact.  I didn’t say, you are destined to get it.  I said you can and that’s true.

Anything else you choose to read into that statement is your fault, not mine.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

No it’s not..there are plenty of reported cases of people getting it.  That’s a fact.  I didn’t say, you are destined to get it.  I said you can and that’s true.

Anything else you choose to read into that statement is your fault, not mine.

Your statement clearly stated that it makes no sense to lift restrictions based on % of the pop. vaccinated because it is still possible to get it when you have vaccinated.

I contend that is absurd, vaccination significantly reduced the chance of getting it and spreading it, so it DOES make a difference in allowing restrictions to be lifted.

The idea that because something isn't 100% effective means it is "funny" (your word) to change policy based on it, is what I "read into" your statement.   And I disagree.   The substantial reduction in risk of spreading by getting a significant # of people vaccinated is EXACTLY what is needed to start lifting restrictions.     

Your idea that changing policy and lifting restrictions should not be connected to the vaccine because of the fact that it isn't 100% effective and it is still possible for a vaccinated person to get it -- is to me similar to saying you should never play the shift because it is possible for a lefty hitter to hit the ball to left field.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Your statement clearly stated that it makes no sense to lift restrictions based on % of the pop. vaccinated because it is still possible to get it when you have vaccinated.

I contend that is absurd, vaccination significantly reduced the chance of getting it and spreading it, so it DOES make a difference in allowing restrictions to be lifted.

The idea that because something isn't 100% effective means it is "funny" (your word) to change policy based on it, is what I "read into" your statement.   And I disagree.   The substantial reduction in risk of spreading by getting a significant # of people vaccinated is EXACTLY what is needed to start lifting restrictions.     

Your idea that changing policy and lifting restrictions should not be connected to the vaccine because of the fact that it isn't 100% effective and it is still possible for a vaccinated person to get it -- is to me similar to saying you should never play the shift because it is possible for a lefty hitter to hit the ball to left field.

Well, your inability to comprehend what I’m saying is your issue, not mine.

The rest of your post is very much fear mongering and worrying about this.  You can choose to be that guy if you want but not me.

I think the restrictions are dumb whether the vaccine is there or not but the idea that all is well now because you get a vaccine is bs.  Yes, it supposedly is better for you to not get the severe symptoms.  That’s great for those who have underlying conditions.  But you can still get it and you can still spread it.   Whether or not it’s reduced is irrelevant.  It still is happening and it’s not like it’s a fluke thing either. As it continues to mutate, the current vaccines will be worthless.  

Just live your lives, like we do with all other diseases that are transmitted by air that can kill you and move on.