Who’s next to go?

Philip

On 5/25/2021 at 8:47 PM, sevastras said:

Severino sucks. I would like to see Cumberland and Maverick Handley. Handley is one of the best receivers I have ever seen. 

This move should have been made already. Severino and Sisco are the worst battery combination in MLB. And while the pitching is bad they are getting absolutely no help from their catchers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

He absolutely could be part of the future pen BUT he’s not showing enough signs of improvement right now, so he is definitely on that DFA line.

I hope we are somehow able to keep him in the organization though.

Why care about keeping him?  140 games in the major leagues, an ERA around 4.50, a FIP around 4.50, and over 30 years old.

I don't see much upside at this point.  I'd rather have guys in the minors who might never make it as MLB pitchers but who have at least some chance of having sign ificantly more upside than Armstrong.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Why care about keeping him?  140 games in the major leagues, an ERA around 4.50, a FIP around 4.50, and over 30 years old.

I don't see much upside at this point.  I'd rather have guys in the minors who might never make it as MLB pitchers but who have at least some chance of having sign ificantly more upside than Armstrong.

We don’t have any relief prospects, off the top of my head, that have the MiL numbers Armstrong had over the sample size he accumulated.

He is 30 but for a reliever, age is relatively meaningless.  

I would rather have him in our organization until we have better options.  We currently don’t.  That may change but I tend to doubt it will anytime soon.

That being said, if you want to add other players to the ML team and he gets pushed out and leaves for another organization, so be it.